Any fitness regimen that you do at the moment or plan to do?

do you run, cycle, yoga, pilates , dance or go to the gym? Have you tried p90x workout videos or beachbody videos? How is it?

Lavander

Asked by Lavander at 8:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Jari Love - ripped workouts 3X a week, and I just won a 12 week bootcamp with her (AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!) lol

I do weights (the Ripped workouts) 3X a week, and the other days I do cardio - bike, treadmill usually. all at home in my 'gym'.

but on off days I do pilates or yoga videos for a change.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• hypermamaz- congratulations!!! great way to start the year!!!

why treadmill or cycle at home? why not run outdoors? just wondering...
    Lavander

Answer by Lavander at 8:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I run marathons (or did til I broke my foot), do the 60k breast cancer walks, and am doing the 200k bike ride for cancer in june.

and husband has the worst schedule ever so its impossible for me to get out and run or bike. someone has to be home for the kids so I put them to bed and go workout til he gets home. been doing it so long that I don't even think about it anymore - certainly not a new routine for me. lol
    but we walk to school, and do a lot of hiking.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• great! thanks for sharing! I hope I can join those marathons someday. I was never physically active as a child. I'm just starting now. Have to get fit and healthy for my family. I will run and cycle on alternate days during weekdays after the kids are in school. Then weight workouts and yoga/pilates at home. I find going to the gym quite time-consuming and costly if you want to go to those places that are really clean. I wonder what others are doing though. I'll try to check out Jari Love, too. Thanks for the tip!
    Lavander

Answer by Lavander at 8:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• jarilove.com great videos, also the caribbean workout videos are fun and fast. I got them all from walmart.

I was the least active person growing up. I did everything in my power to get out of gym class - and saw my old gym teacher at one of my events she almost fell over she was so amazed to see me. lmao.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• LMAO ain't life full of surprises?
    Lavander

Answer by Lavander at 9:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Power 90 X , mui tai (martial arts) boxing, running and i start riding a bike to college and work. i try to turn everything I do into a work out.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• muai thai! that's hard! do you go to a studio/gym or is it from a video?
    Lavander

Answer by Lavander at 10:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I run 8 miles a day on my treadmill in the winter or outside in the spring, summer and fall. I have an elliptical I use several times a week too. I have weights and do many workouts with them. My husband is a personal trainer so he helps me out. I have 8 children but you would never know my body is very toned and much better than when I was a young 20 something. Diet is important as well. Our families diet is nutrition packed and full of things that allow for a body to work out daily.
    Anonymous

• diet is definitely key. we've gone clean eating recently and the change from THAT is amazing.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2010