I am 33 weeks pregnant should i know when i loose my mucus plug? is it possible that i may have lost it already and not noticed? when did you lose yours?

fenska87

Asked by fenska87 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I lost mine at 34 weeks and then it regenerated itself and I lost it again at 37 weeks and kept losing it over a week span.
    nessani28

Answer by nessani28 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• you might not necessarily lose a mucus plug before labor. personally, i lost my mucus plug at around 40.5 weeks.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I never noticed it. Been pregnant four times and never saw it once. So yeah it's possible you won't even notice.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i lost mine the day before i went into labor..i was at 40 weeks..but like the PP said...it can regrow or regenerate..so it isnt really helpful
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• never noticed it if i lost it. I woke up one morning a little more than 3 weeks before my due date and my water had broken and was trickling out....so, i guess if it came out it wasn't something large enough for me to notice.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i never noticed losing mine. i guess it just fell out over time.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 10:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• losing your mucus plug can happen anytime. some women notice it, some don't. It is NOT an indication of when you are going into labor, so you do NOT need to "know" if it happeed or not. Some wome like to know, for the sake of knowing, but it really doesn't tell you anything about when your going into labor.

As for me, I thought I had lost mine a week before I went into labor, but then the day I started having real contractions (and went into the hospital that night) I noticed something came out, and swore THAT was the real mucus plug. In the 3rd trimester, you may have more discharge and might confuse it for the mucus plug (or even for your water breaknig, depending on how much discharge you have).

The only thing to worry about is the water breaking, because most doctors want to monitor you in the hospital if your water breaks, in order to prevent infections. Other than that, just enjoy the ride :)
    LilySchey

Answer by LilySchey at 12:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2010