Are you tired of hearing about Global warming?

How much money has been made off the slogan "Global Warming"? I am so tired of reading this garbage. The earth is like a giant toilet and flushes itself to rid itself, this is not the first time the earth will flush itself. Yes, we should treat the earth with respect but scare tatics are a bit much.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 8:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anon, you sound uneducated. How many times has the earth cooled? There have been at least five major ice ages in the Earth's past. They range from 2.4 to 2.1 Ga (billion) years ago to 2.58 million years ago. The oldest human remains ever found are 200,000-year-old skulls from Ethiopia. So lets think here logically please. If all our bad habits are causing Global warming which in result is causing global cooling... how and what pollutants caused the global warming in which caused global cooling 2.1 billion years ago? This may sound I dunno rational, but if the Earth has shown patterns of cooling and warming over the past 2billion years don't you think that there isn't a darn thing we have done to cause it and better yet not a darn thing we can do to stop it?
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• YES!!! I am SO sick of it!! If we are having some kind of 'global warming' then WHY is it 16 degrees with a foot of snow on the ground at my house?? Please tell me??
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I'm tired of the myth of global warming being held up as a indisputable fact. At best it has been a theory which has be misrepresented/fabricated for the sole purpose of making money. You know, that evil capitalism thing. Gore and his cronies make the rest of us out to be horrible humans for using energy, making money, or just existing for that matter and all the while they are padding their pocketbooks by playing on our guilt. Yes, I am tired of it.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• No; I'm tired of hearing about how no one cares about anything but themselves. Even if you don't believe in global warming; the fact remains that we have limited resources on this planet and using them up with no thought to the future says a lot about a person IMHO.
    Anonymous

• YES, YES, YES!!!!! I think it is quite funny though that at some point the idiots will have to accept the egg we all see on their faces!
    mommyheymommy

Answer by mommyheymommy at 9:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Would you believe in Global warming or at least climate changes that are potentially dangerous IF Glenn Beck believed in it? Or Bill O'Reilly? Or Sarah Palin??? I suspect only Al Gore haters are the people who do not think there is such a thing as Global Warming...at least here at CM.
    Anonymous

• Anon: I don't base my beliefs on anyone but myself. I don't watch Bill O'Reilly, he gets on my nerves. Sarh Palin is not someone I would take believable either. I would listen to what Beck says as he attacks Repubs as as well as Dems. I don't believe everything he says, but I do enjoy watching him at times. Again, I am a free thinker, I don't always think inside the box.
    BUT Al Gore has lined his pockets off Global Warming, IF he cared so much why don't he donate ALL the money he has made off it to science?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• "No; I'm tired of hearing about how no one cares about anything but themselves. Even if you don't believe in global warming; the fact remains that we have limited resources on this planet and using them up with no thought to the future says a lot about a person IMHO."

Talking about Al Gore and his cronies, I'm assuming. Huge house, private jet, driven around in gigantic SUVs, while telling the "poor folk" they need to conserve. Must make you pretty pissed, his outright outrageous behavior.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Just love True Believer anons who stand by their beliefs so much, they need to post anon.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• What they all said except for the silly anon with their head up Gore's butt.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2010