ok is it normal to have to urinate and then like 15 minutes later feel like you have to go again but only a little comes out i have no pain or burning and i am 11 week preggers?

jfrancis91680

Asked by jfrancis91680 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh yes, when you pee it isn't relieving like it usually is. It sucks and lasts the whole time.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• ummm it could be an early uti, better go get it checked out asap....
    dracosmommy

Answer by dracosmommy at 9:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Yup, completely normal. Dispite it being normal though, bring it up at your next OB appointment just so your doc knows whats up. If it starts to burn, you might have a UTI (common during pregnancy), but the urge to go lasts the whole time. In the beginning it is due to hormones, & in the end it is due to the pressure on your bladder...but whatever the cause at the time, it happens (also, invest in some pads...accidents can happen...)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Thank you for asking this!!! I was about to ask myself.. im only about 6 weeks and today ive gone to the bathroom like every hour!!! its a FULL pee though!! and no kidding right when im done, in about 15 minutes i already feel it filling back up!! thanks again!
    OH also i read online at whattoexpect.com (a GREAT website!) that if you lean forward when you pee you tend to empty your bladder even more.. Hope this helps! Congrats on your pregnancy!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• That's always the first sign of a UTI for me, the burning comes a little while later.

It could be a normal pregnancy thing, but I'd get it checked out just in case. If it is a UTI and you don't get it treated, it could turn into a kidney infection, which can be very painful.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• o yea thats definitely normal....just wait until your closer to your due date and the baby is sitting directly on your bladder...its gonna suck...lol i was going every 5 to 10 min because i felt like i had to go and didnt have to
    Kelli0305

Answer by Kelli0305 at 8:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Yeah it's normal. just drink lots of water because UTIs are very common during pregnancy. Dont worry, you ONLY have 7 months to go! :-)
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 8:42 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Heh...welcome to being pregnant :D Only 29 weeks to gooooo!

I struggled with my bladder my entire pregnancy. It's due to your uterus pressing against it as it grows. It's a BITCH, ittin it? Just remember, after you deliver your baby and you pee for the first time, it will feel like heaven!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• uh huh that's me too. from the very beginning to the very end. it's so frustrating! i always try to lean way forward on the potty to make sure it's all out but i still have to go again a little while later, and there never is much.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2010