Please help me make a schedual for my family to get our lives more organized.

These are the things that happen in our week that are the same every week just about.
I have a 2 year old(FE), 5 year old (BN), and 6 year old (MJ).
MJ gets up at 7 a.m on Monday-Friday as long as she has school that day. I'm good with doing that, I have her fed, clothed, all ready for school, and she off and to school on time which is 8 a.m. She doesn't get home until about 3 pm and her grandma picks her up.
BN is the one that needs this schedual to help her bahave and feel more stable. She goes to headstart Tue-Fri. She wakes up around 9:30- 10 a.m and the bus picks her up at 11:40 they feed her breakfast and lunch at school. So i need to figure out my schedual with her between those times. I really need to get mondays in order!! She gets out of school at 3:40
My husband gets off work at 5 pm and home around 6 pm, we like to eat AFTER he gets home but he works wed day and night, fri day and night, and sat day and night

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 9:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wed, he gets home around 6 pm and leaves by 7:30 we'd like to eat during the time hes home. Friday he leaves at 6:30 pm, so he doesnt have time to eat anyway. Faith pretty much does fine with whatever.. but if theres like game time or family time or bedtime, of course she'll be doing that too..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 9:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• KIDS NEED A ROUTINE. IF YOUR 2ND DAUGHTER IS NOT PICKED UP UNTIL 11/40 THEN WHY WOULD THEY FEED HER BREAKFAST AND LUNCH IN THOSE SHORT HOURS, YOU MIGHT BE WRONG WITH THAT. I WOULD KEEP OLDEST ON THE 7 AM SCHEDULE BUT WOULD HAVE THE OTHER 2 UP BY 8 AFTER SHE IS ON THE BUS GIVE THEM BREAKFAST, 2ND IS PICKED UP AT 11/40 WHICH IS ALMOST LUNCH TIME GET HER ON BUS AND FEED 2 YO LUNCH THEN NAP FOR HIM AT AROUND 12. WOULD HAVE DINNER EVERY NIGHT BY 5 OR 6 REGARDLESS OF WHEN DH IS HOME OR WHAT DAY. BATH AND BED BY 8. YOUR DH HOURS ARE TOO CRAZY TO EXPECT THE KIDS TO FIND A ROUTINE AND IF 2ND IS ACTING OUT THATS PROBABLY WHY. YOU CAN ALWAYS WAIT TO EAT WITH HIM IF YOU WANT, BUT THE KIDS NEED A ROUTINE
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• yeah the kids need a routine, thats why i'm planning a routine.. and no i'm not wrong about my daughter being fed breakfast and lunch at school.. thanks for trying to help though..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 2:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I would suggest getting the 5 year old up at 8ish every day. This will help you to have some time with her to work with her. Since she eats breakfast at school, you could give her a light snack like fruit when she gets up. Plan a craft with her, playtime outside if weather permits, play inside if not.

What time do they typically get to bed? My husband works some whacky hours but I always try to have supper ready by 5:30 because then the kids can play, get baths and get into bed by 8.

It works really well for us. One weekends it's not as structured but I still try to do dinner by 5:30 and them in bed by 8-8:30.

Hope that helps some.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 11:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2010