"Christian morals are sometimes a little higher"?!

Excuse me, what?

Please explain this.

Isn't "morality" subjective?

If so, than how can one set of "morals" be higher than another?

Is this just another example of christian arrogance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• sticking out tongue This is what I have to say to the childish comment below.

"oh I deleted the quesiton so you can bash and pick on the Christians without your example :) ta ta"

Anonymous

• Original question that spawned this. 

Take special notice of Page 2 and which answer was selected as "Best Answer". 

Anonymous

• IDK, I think some christians think because they have God on their side, this makes them better or something? Or because their morals come from the bible, that they are the only morals worthy of anything.
    Either way, I think it's a very narrow way of looking at the world. Morals come by people in different ways, and as long as we are all being kind and thoughtful towards others, does it matter?!! I don't think so.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• why can't Christians set their morals higher?

isnt this just another bash on the arrogant Christians questions?
    Anonymous

• I have seen more bash on the Christians and point out their faults in the last few days than ever before. What gives? did you all make a news years resolution to beat up on the Christians?
    Anonymous

• Asking questions does not equate bashing, Anon. I think too many people equate the two...and it is not the same thing.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I would say it's ignorance or naievete in the majority of cases. Alot of people who consider themselves Christian may not be Christian in any way but their words. The Bible speaks of those who cast out demons in His name and do good deeds in His name yet never have relationship with him at all. This tells us that it's not what we say we are but what we actually are that makes us Christian.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• the question has been deleted. I missed it
    I don't care if their morals should be higher than mine- I have been told however that I can't possibly have any without physically going to church to be told what they are! *I was told this by my mother's new husband...NICE
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• the word "another" is what makes it a bash.

however, I need to let it be with peace.

Peace to you all and may God look over you.

Anonymous

• The original question was deleted. Morals are morals. How we define morals are going to be different to each unique individual even from one Christian to another. It's unique and specific to you. I wouldn't steriotype one religious group based on the statement of one person. Everyone is different.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2010