Why is my baby taking his time?

I'm 39 weeks pregnant and i went the hospital at 34 weeks, the doctor told me that i am dilated 1 and the babys head is down. i was happy think that he would be here soon. the weeks went by and i felt the contractions but they weren't that bad.(it felt like a pulling.) i was for sure set thinking that he would come soon. i am 39 weeks and i have 6 days till my due date. im getting inpatient and feel miserable. i want him out. i just want to know if im too inpatient that is why it feels like it is dragging on?

Traye

Asked by Traye at 9:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes you are, it will be over soon and this will be a memory. Just let your little one come when it is time, kick back and relax. It will be soon enough.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Ohhh sweetie I hear ya! I went for a long time being 1-2 cm dilated with this last one! I went til I was 41 1/2 weeks pregnant and FINALLY they decided to induce, since I was showing NO signs of progress! The day will come and it will be anytime, He can't stay in you forever!! I was soo mad, every night when I would go to sleep I would just wonder is tonight going to be the night? Then I would wake up in the morning and think is it going to be today.. LOL! Hugs!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i was stuck at 4 cm dialted water never broke an my son was almost 2 weeks late! so they come when they want but if ur water breaks then theyll let you have him theydont want to risk infection to the baby if your that depserate start walking doing jumpen jacks have lots of sex good luck!! but baby will come when ready its like a turkey u have to wait til fully cooked to experience the goodness an taste !
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• you're funny :) 39 weeks is not taking his time. 42 weeks is taking his time :) i think expecting baby to come before the due date instead of well after might be part of the reason time is dragging. if you would have assumed baby will be born at 42 weeks, then time might have gone faster for you.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 5, 2010