OMG OMG OMG MICE! PLZ HELP

ok i keep a really clean apartment, cant stand mess, cant stand clutter. I noticed something making noise in the fan above my stove a couple days ago, look in the cubboard above and saw some poop, threw everything out from up there and set a couple traps. Noise kept going on and progressed to going on there AND in my living room ceiling between the 2 floors. Check the traps no animal, but food is GONE and MORE poop! Now I can hear them in my heating vents! I am totally freaking out! I hate mice! Any bug... i can hear them running around the ceiling and vents like their having a party. I live in townhomes, so people on both sides of me. Never had this problem before and have been here 2 years. Ive heard other neighbors make comments about the lady next to me not cleaning her house, but dnt know if that would cause it. HOW do i get rid of them! It sounds like at least 5 at one time, in diff areas. PLZ help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Contact your apartment manager, they have to take care of problems that can effect people's health and safety.
    ithi

Answer by ithi at 10:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Get a cat. Problem solved.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• LOL I would have to put the cat into the heating system. There is no trace of them in the actual apartment, no poop (except for the cubboard above stove.) Its only in the ceiling, stove fan and heating system.
    Anonymous

• I would call the landlord first. It's his responsibility to get an exterminator for you. Otherwise, I've always used the glue traps. It works!!!
    Anonymous

• Yeah you might try the apartment manager. I know how you feel! We live an old house and we too had some mice. Really gross and creepy too!!! We put out poison and had no more trouble after about 3 days or so. We did find a few dead mice though which was really gross. One mouse had babies and then died. We had babies around for a little while, but they were too weak to survive without their mom and our dog killed them. Most them hide when they die though and you never see them again. Make sure you keep all the food sealed and put away and dont leave out any water for them.
    Anonymous

• PUT SOME DECONE OUT !
    Anonymous

• i agree with the first answer lol get a cat
    mwzraekebrats

Answer by mwzraekebrats at 11:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010