Why is it when you think you have found a great friend they turn out to be a two face?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Been there. When you think things are going great, you find out they're talking about you behind your back. At least that's been MY experience. And I found that it is normally because they really do like you, they just want to be everyone's "only" friend if that makes any sense, so they try to make everyone else look bad to their other friends. I had a friend who I helped her out numerous times, and she was always there if I needed someone to talk to. Well long story short, my upstairs bathroom flooded into my kitchen, and my whole family ended up having to leave our house for 4 days for clean up. I was going to go stay in the lodging on base for $35 a night but she said Oh why don't you all come stay with me it will be fun. Her DH was deployed and her DD's were my daughter's age so I thought it would be great. We went over, BOUGHT food, cooked food for her and her kids, cleaned up after ourselves, everything. Come to CONT..
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Because we get excited to have a friend. Who that person is in your mind, and who that person really is are very different. Once you see that dissapointment sinks in. This is why I keep my standards very high. I don't have a ton of friends but I have a few wonderful ones that make my life better.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• find out, she was telling everyone that we were making a mess in her house (when really she was really disgusting and we were cleaning her house because I couldn't handle it), and that we were eating all her food (I spent $100 for food for those 4 days) and we wouldn't leave her house (even though every day I said "Really we can go to the hotel" she would say "Oh no this is SO fun!) so when I heard about what she was saying to everyone, I was mad! I've had things like that happen with 3 different people, so I'm done lol. I know it is FRUSTRATING, sorry you have to go through it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:00 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• WOMEN BY NATURE ARE HARDER ON EACH OTHER THAN ANYONE ELSE. FOR INSTANCE THE DEBATE HERE ON CM OF SAHM VS WORKING BRUTAL. ADOPTION VS ABORTION. THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU IS THIS BEFORE I THINK OF SOMEONE AS MY FRIEND, I THINK OF THEM AS SOMEONE I JUST MET--CHANCES ARE IF THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE AFTER THAT PERSON GETS UP THEY WOULD BE TALKING ABOUT YOU IF YOU GOT UP FIRST. I LOOK FOR COMMON TRAITS LOYAL, HONEST, DEPENDABLE, AND TRUSTWORTHY. IT'S JUST HARD WHEN WE ARE BLINDSIDED WHEN WE THINK THEY ARE SOMEONE THEY ARE NOT AND WE WANT SO BAD TO HAVE A FRIEND. FRIENDS ARE HARD TO COME BY BUT KEEP YOUR STANDARDS IN YOURSELF AND OTHERS HIGH AND YOU WILL FIND ONE. GOOD LUCK!
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Because people suck. I thought I'd found a bff, but then she tried to come between my husband & I and almost ruined our marriage. It's still rocky almost 2 years later. I trust no one anymore. As soon as we figured out she was the reason behind the crap, she was blocked and e-mails were sent to her husband telling him wth was going on. It was bullshit. I hate people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• No friend is a great friend. I had a friend a few years ago, and she was very two-faced. Now I just chill with my sisters, but sometimes in this world it can be very hard to find a good trustworthy friend. Do the "Don't tell" rule, that way she won't have anything to be two-faced about.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2010