When do you replace the membrane on my medela pump?

So I have the Harmony Hand pump and soon am getting the Swing, but I don't know when to replace the membrane since it came with extra's. Or is it just in case I lose one or it gets destroyed?

MegPin

Asked by MegPin at 10:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never replaced them on mine. Just kept washing them and putting them back on. As long as they don't tear and the pump is still getting suction it should be fine.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 10:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I only replaced mine because two fell off in the drain when I was washing bottles LOL

Make sure to look inside the yellow piece that the mebrane is attached to. I don't have a small brush to get in their good and thought I was still washing well and there was a lot of build up inside so I replaced the whole yellow pieces today.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2010