While getting the kids hair brushed after their baths..

I noticed one of my daughters has head lice! this is the first time they've ever had it.. so i don't know, since only one girl has it am i allowed to send the one that doesn't to school tomorrow or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Health

• my husband already bought the rid, so we're using that and some combs. Thanks for the reminder on the coats, i would have forgotten! we got this bed spray also for the mattress, and i'm washing everyones covers, sheets, pillows, everything like that in hot water and soap.
    Anonymous

• personally I wouldn't. I would treat both girls for Lice as a preventative measure and then spend the day decontaminating the bedding and clothing. don't forget to wash winter jackets, hoods, and hats.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I agree with chrissmom734.
    I don't know what you are going to do to treat it but a lady on here once said using mouth wash kills the lice vs. using the stuff from the store, she said she soked her hair in mouth wash put a bag over it and had is in her hair for about 15-20 minutes and it killed all the lice, good luck momma.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't. When one comes down with something, it's only a matter of time before the other. Also, I would notify the school since she had to pick it up there. I keep Rid in my medicine cabinet cause you just never know.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• she's been on vacation for christmas break, i think she got it from my husbands sisters kids, but im not ganan say that to him, ya know.. we just warned everyone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Call the school to check their policy; I believe they need to be nit free for 48 hours before they can return to school

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 AM on Jan. 5, 2010