Anyone taken this during pregnancy?

Cheritussin AC or Robitussin AC? I'm 29 weeks pregnant and have had bronchitis for a month now so my doctor gave me Cheritussin to ease the coughing. I took my first dose (1 teaspoon) tonite and it has not helped one bit.
But, any of you taken this while pregnant? Any effects on baby?

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 11:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Health

• I was told the only type of cough medicine like that to take during pregnancy is the plain, old, Robitussin.
    Anonymous

• This one has a decongestant and codiene. Because it is bronchitis it not a productive cough, so I need something to break up the mucus and get it out or I'll be sick forever. I know it is a Catagory C. I just wanted to know others experiences.
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 11:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• The very best remedy for a cough and sore throat is a syrup with equal parts honey and cayenne pepper.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• She has bronchitis not a cold. Anyway they should have given you an antibiotic and not a narcotic cough syrup, please stop taking it, it is bad for the baby. Find a different doctor one with a brain. There are a lot of mucus products they can give you that are not category C that will help better with the bronchitis, but you need an antibiotic or you won't get better. The syrup you are on can cause defects and preterm labor stop taking it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I have had bronchitis for a month and I have already taken the Z-pack. It did not work. And the only other safe antibiotics pregnant women can take are penicillan products, which I am allergic too. And my doctor said the benefits of taking this out weigh the risks. Bronchitis (an infection) can cause preterm labor as well. And so can my intense coughing fits.

Like I said, I was looking for moms who had actually taken this medication. Not a bunch of Google addicts who think they're doctors. Thank you though.
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 11:42 AM on Jan. 5, 2010