Anyone else's 3 year old still using a sippy cup?

My son just turned 3 last month and I can't get rid of the cup! The bottle was easy to take away but the cup is another story. He is so attached to it. He has it all day long and goes to bed with it. Advice on how to take it away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We still use them for our twins, but only when we are in the car.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 11:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Sorry, I forgot to add they will be 4 in May.
    t_06_twins

• My nephew will be 3 this month and he still uses one too. He can drink out of regular cup but makes one heck of a mess!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My son does, though I've taken out the valve so it's more like a cup with a lid. Not all the time, but if he's having a drink that might stain if it spills I prefer him to have a lid.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Nope. Mine's been off since before her 2nd birthday. I would use them on trips and things in the vehicle, but if we were around town or whatever I would just use a cleaned out "Bug Juice" bottle. I don't know if you know what a "Bug Juice" is. Its a kids drink you can get at most convienient stores. The pop tops come in VERY handy.
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My 3 & 4 yr old both use one still. They can drink out of a regular cup but are only allowed to use those in the kitchen because they do still spill them often.
    Anonymous

• weve got one of the sport top sippy cups. she's a SLOB. lol

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I only used them for the car after 3. If you have a dollar store nearby go and see if they offer travel mugs. I went a bought a bunch and this is what he takes in the car now - just like mom and dad. He felt so proud. I slowly started taking the sippies from the cabinet and there are only big kid plastic cups now.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My daughter has been off the sippy since right after her 2nd birthday. Bug juice is on of my daughters favorite drinks.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My DD turned 3 in Nov.. and is still on a cup... She has to have it no matter what she is doing.. She goes to bed with it too.. I think when shes ready she'll let me know.. I don't want to rush her and she makes terrible messes..
    mrskgill06

Answer by mrskgill06 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2010