Did your kids go through the "I won't eat anything but X, Y, and Z!" phase?

I hear that a bunch of kids go through that phase where they'll only eat one or two foods. I don't recall me going through that phase, if I did my mom never told me about it. My daughter is 1 and still eats pretty much anything I give her. I wonder when her pickiness will start, hehe =)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son is picky now, it started a few years ago. He will only eat cheese on his pizza. He was much easier to feed when he was younger.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• my daughter will be 2 tomorrow and she is an extremely picky eater, has been and it drives me nuts. There are things she used to like that she will no longer eat. I never force her, but sometimes I will get the food into her mouth because often times she chooses not to eat something because it doesn't look familiar, but if she gags and spits it out, what can i do. I am hoping this changes cause i am terribly sick of giving her chicken nuggets and spaghetti and corn.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• All of my kids went through some sort of phase like that, especially my oldest. It became a lot easier when we realized that it was texture related. My middle child went through a phase of wanting a bean and cheese quesadilla for every meal. She ate veggies and fruit with it, so I couldn't really argue. My youngest has the strangest food issues. He will not, for the life of me, eat cheese or cream cheese or pasta. Again, I can't really complain because the kid has never met a veggie or fruit he doesn't love.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My son would like to. When he asks for the same thing more than 2 days in a row I won't let him have it for a while. I had a cousin who ate only hot dogs and pancakes for 2 years. My uncle got up every morning for 3 years to make him pancakes. He didn't grow up to be the most well adjusted adult. Not that I blame the pancakes. I just think getting whatever you want when you're little doesn't prepare you well for adulthood.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 11:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• my kids eat pretty much everything i've never been the type to cook two meals so if they hungry they eat what i cook i also know what they don't like one of them its potatoes the other eggs so i don't give it to them exept if for some odd reason they ask for that
    sexymama53

Answer by sexymama53 at 1:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I call this the air-o-tarian phase. They all go through it. How parents handle it determine whether a child has a picky phase or remains a picky eater.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My son has gone through a phase where he refused to eat anything that was white. Then he got over it and suddenly refused to eat at all. Now, he's going through yet another phase where he refuses to eat anything with potatoes in it...even his favorites like fries and mashed potatoes are a no go. >.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2010