Ready for another baby?

my son just turned one dec 22 time goes by so fast! My husband and i have talked about having another baby.. And it seems like every where i go everyone is asking if i want another baby even my sons doc.. Everyday in the mail i get something about pregnancy.. What does everyone think about having kids just over a year apart?

Cheryl22902

Asked by Cheryl22902 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had my daughter exactly one year and one month after my son. Initially, I hated it. Carrying one on my chest and one on my back, not to mention the cost of diapers was a trip! They're now teenagers now and I love it. They can keep each other company and take care of household business.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I got pregnant 10months after my first daughter was born, now my second is 8 months and I would love to get pregnant again. although doctors tell you to wait 3 years in between. I think whatever you and your husband are comfortable with you should do
    twogirlsandmore

Answer by twogirlsandmore at 11:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My daughters are a year apart and i love it. My oldest is always trying to get the younger one, who just turned 3 months, to play with her. They keep me constantly busy but in a good way
    clambert1984

Answer by clambert1984 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I have a 20 mo. old and a 6 week old and let me tell you...it is no picnic right now. The terrible twos in combination with the unpredictability of a newborn is rough. You thought your lack of sleep with your first was bad...well, multiply that times 3 and that is where I'm at. Everyone tells me it'll get better once my second is walking...and it probably will but you have to have some serious patience to be able to handle this age difference. Don't get me wrong - I love them both and I'm glad we did it the way we did...but it is exhausting and it takes all you have to get through it.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I think it is perfectly fine and they would be 21 months apart not a big deal at all.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It's going to feel like hell at first, haha.
    But in the end, it'll be worth it :]
    fallen_tennyo

Answer by fallen_tennyo at 4:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I wanted mine no more than 3 years apart but they ended up being almost 6 years apart and it's FANTASTIC! I can't tell you how many times I've said how glad I am that they didn't end up just 3 years apart. My first is GREAT with his little brother. He shares, helps out, etc... I couldn't have wished it better than it is. They adore each other. Not to mention that my first was in Kindergarten when baby was born so I get some one on one time with the baby each day. There was no jealousy or resentment. I could go on about the positive things in my experience but I wont. Ultimately it's up to you. Good Luck in the choice you make.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 3:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Thanks everyone!
    Cheryl22902

Answer by Cheryl22902 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2010