pain....under c-section scar 4 months later?

yes i know this is not really a pregnacny question but idont really know where else to put it, so plz dont get upset that its hre.
im 4 months pp, i had an emergency c-swection, and all day i have had what feels like a super bad painful itch?/cramp feeling right below the c-section scar..anyone have this before? how do i make it stop? i got my second depo shot too about 2 weeks ago maybe that is what is causing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had my twins 17 months ago and still get that nasty itch pain under my scar. Figure they tell you it takes about 2 months to recover from it so you're really not that far off. Ask your doc next time you're there but I think it's normal as long as you don't have an infection..and you'd KNOW if you did :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Does the scar feel raised or thicker along a portion of it, especially where it itches? The itching or pain might be from a keloid. It's when the scar becomes thick so it can be sensitive, itchy, and painful. My mom had a hysterectomy with a c-section type of incision and she developed keloids. They bother her from time to time.

That might be the issue? Or maybe it's just itchy from healing? If it continues, I would make an appointment with your doc.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 12:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• yeah it does the whole scr is thick and raised..its just this stupid itchy/burny/crampy feelin i hate right now, it gets worse if i move if that makes a diff...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• yep, sounds like a keloid and the cramping/pulling sensation may be from surgical adhesions formed under the skin. Try massaging the area everyday to loosen the adhesions and soften the scar.

But I would for sure go to the doctor and tell them how it's feeling and let them examine it and tell you for sure. And FYI, most of the pictures on the net of keloids are the worst case scenario pics lol
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 12:30 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Yes I got it too along time ago from my first its feels so itch and pain from the uterus contracting. Masage is okay but after 6 months from the sugery and permission from the doctor, trust me, its the best way to go! Don't worry it will pass. Just make sure to clean everyday! And Talk with your dr. Hope you feel better and congrats with the new little one!
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 1:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Just incase I say 6 months after or ask the docotr because I am a massage therapist and dont want you to hurt yourself. Well take care and get better soon.
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 1:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2010