has anyone conceived lately after trying for so long? If so how? And how long were you trying for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It took us about 7 months... Getting pregnant is alot harder for some people. I remember every time i turned around i would hear someone was having a baby and as happy as i was for them it killed me a little inside. EVERYONE told me to stop thinking about it and it will happen. Well last christmas i guess between shopping and baking and decorating i kinda put it out of my mind and bam.... January 15th I got my first positive test. You have to kinda not think about it. Get involved with something in the community or something that can be kinda stressful just so your not thinking about concieving. I would literally obsess about it to the point were i would get sick.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I agree that once you stop trying is when it will happen. My husband and I tried aggressively for 4 months and since I am an inpatient person I decide it "was never" going to happen and wanted to quit trying and go to school. The month after I decided to quit trying, my husband and I were really busy and had sex twice that whole cycle and I got pregnant. I read a lot about it when I was trying. It said the average time it took was a year, and that made me so discourage as there are at least 12 negative tests in a year! Try taking a break from trying for a few months.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Well my first was a surprise and it took us 4 months with this one. I was getting sooooo down all of our friends were having success but we weren't. Every time I got a neg and AF showed up a piece of me died. We just kept at it and I was ready to give up hope and I finally got my positive. YAY. It takes time and heartache but you just have to keep trying.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• took us 1 1/2yrs with our youngest. But she's here!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• its taking me a lot longer since i had 3 depo shots and they last up to a year each. so it may take another year, but now i have a regular period, and i try not to get discouraged.
    Anonymous