Does anyone have a child who has had an inner ear infection??

My 15th month old woke up Sunday morning and wasn't able to sit or walk without falling over. He threw up his breakfast and we took him to the ER. They ran a CT to make sure there was no bleeding in the brain (scary) and when they couldn't find anything they told me it is most likely an inner ear infection. There are no tests they can do to make sure and there is no treatment for it in babies since it is extremely rare in children.

Besides the zero balance and throwing up twice, he is normal. Active, talking, signs, eating, sleeping. After we got home yesterday he has been walking way better. He has had tubes for two months, with 2 ear infections since.

I'm wondering if any other parents have been through this. I am going to Mexico with my husband for his brothers wedding in a couple of days and worried out of my mind. So, if anyone can tell me their experiences with this, it would make me feel a lot better!

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Health

• you really should read this bk
    *No More Amoxicillin: Preventing and Treating Ear and Respiratory Infections Without Antibiotics by Mary Ann Ann Block
    Ear Infections are often connected to allergies. My oldest gets them if he eats dairy. My middle son if he eats nuts(I get them from nuts too) and DD gets them from eggs.
    Also google chiropractic and ear infections. They can work wonders for them(preventing and helping heal faster!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:42 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Its not something all docs are aware of as an option.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• He is not in any pain and this is an inner ear infection which means there is no fluid in the middle ear like normal ear infections (he has tubes to "prevent" this). We have been through 8 ear infections so far, but not an inner ear infection. He was just of balance and probably dizzy/nausous for one day. I'm looking for other moms who have had this happen. Since it is so rare I just want to hear another kids story and maybe know why he is having this happen so early.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• oh ....and we have tried the chiropractor. That did not work :( Maybe it was the chiropractor himself....I don't know.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2010