has anyone relied on the chinese calendar to determine gender of child?

superteacher516

Asked by superteacher516 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• We let our child be a surprise, althoguhin truth I did go check things like that online but no it was not realiable at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I just did my DD and it said she should have been a boy. Ssoo. I dunno. It said the one I am carrying should be a girl, I hope it is wrong I want a boy, and I feel like it is a boy.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Nope. When looking at it during or after pregnancy, it was only right for 1 of my children. According to it I have 4 boys and a girl, when in reality I have 1 boy and 4 girls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• lol after reading everyone elses responses it seems like it is always the opposite of what is predicted. I tried it and it said girl, I'm having a boy. Everything I tried said girl and I never doubted it was a boy. I think mothers intuition is more accurate. =)
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 1:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• ok i just looked it up because i was curious if it was right with my kids or not but i have a problem....

the calendars that i have found all start the moms age at 18 but i had my daughter at 16, how do you figure it out then lol
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 3:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Chinese calendar said boy
    ovulation predictor said boy
    family history predictor said boy
    wedding band on string said girl
    old wives tales of symptoms say girl

and if I could get the ultra sound tech to return my call I can find out for sure tomorrow! Ah!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:09 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• This is the best calender, IMO. It adjusts your age to the chinese lunar calendar. I don't think a lot of the others do that.

http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/PredictSex.htm

It was right for my 1st, boy
    It was right for my 2nd, girl
    And now it's saying girl again but we'll have to wait and see on that!

Oh and it was right for my sister and her best friend. But I realize it won't be right for everyone.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Chinese calendar said boy all 4 times that I ended up with a girl :D
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 1:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• The Chinese calender I have have been right for my son, my brother, my sister, my BILs, my SILs, and all of our nieces and nephews. You have to know how to use it. She there are transition days which lower the chances of getting what you want it is usually the 6 days in between months like Dec 29 - Jan 3 is the transition from girl to boy for me so if I conceived within those six days it can not be sure I conceived either.

Here is my calendar if you are curious. Remember the age you are when you conceive and the month you did or want to conceive in.

http://jennywendt.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/chinese_calendar01.gif

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• This calendar is completely opposite for me which leads me to believe that this calendar isn't adjusted for the chinese lunar age. Everyone is going by their Gregorian age when they use this calendar. If you can search or find a way to find out your chinese lunar age then go back and use this chart.

I conceived my dd when I was 28 according to a Gregorian calendar November 8th, 2008. My chinese lunar age was actually 29 so then the calendar would be correct for me at least because I conceived a girl.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 8:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2010