Any one have 2 c-sections?

I had my son 2 years ago via emergency c-section after 26 hours of intense labor. Me and my husband want to have another child, but im so afraid because with my first my pregnancy was great (i.e..no vomiting, heartburn) i dont do good with the vomiting thing at all and im so scared with my next child its all going to slap me in the face..any one have any answers for that? Or has anyone had 2 c-sections, and how was it the second time around? thanks a bunch for the help ladies! - Lyz

lyz826

Asked by lyz826 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had two c sections. my first son was estimated to be 9lbs 2 days before his due date and he wasnt dropping or going anywhere, so they scheduled me to have him and he was 10lbs 1oz. My next son, 15 months later was also 9lbs 2 WEEKS before his due date, and since it was soo close to after having my first c section they didnt want to try me just going into labor for fear of ripping scar tissue and complications, he was 9lbs 1oz. I had no complications with the second c-section. they cut on the same cut as before, so now the scar is a little thicker but it healed just like the first one. so it felt just like the first although it was a little longer like maybe 2 days longer to recover than the first one. but keep in mind, i also had my other son too, so that could've been part of it!
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i had 2 c sections. My first one they had to break my water and i wasn't diolatin more than 7 cm and her sister i assumed that she was goin to go naturally but then she decided to be like her father....stubborn. the differnce between my kids was one was a week late and my recent was delivered right on her due date. I was cute open the same way and healed quick. would say its as pattern but hey every kid is different
    Lele1987

Answer by Lele1987 at 1:26 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Thanks for the answer! im just so nervous about having another surgery.
    lyz826

Answer by lyz826 at 1:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Thanks for posting this question. I'm scheduled for my second C in June and I was curious about healing and scar tissue. Hope you get lots of replys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Thanks for giving me some answers ladies!...Im so excited to have another child, but im just so scared of something going wrong god forbid.
    lyz826

Answer by lyz826 at 1:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Many doctors will work with you for a VBAC since your children are spaced well. Some doctors and many midwives specialize in VBAC prenatal care and delivery. And you can always have a surgeon ready in the hospital. It's a good choice for people who don't want to go through a second c-section.

Since you are doing a hospital birth and not a home birth, trying for a vaginal delivery is pretty safe. The risks of complications vary from woman to woman but most studies show them to be under 1%. A good staff of medical professionals can help you through any birth method you choose.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I had a twin pg first time around w/an emergency section resulting~it was an all around bad experience. We decided not to put anything at chance and had a second c-section BUT I wish now that we had tried a VBAC. It was still a beautiful and perfect experience second time around. Recovery sucks but was not near as bad. Try to shoot for a positive experience:) God Bless
    Anonymous

• On no theres no way im pushing a kid out lol. I think maybe if I did it with my first son then it'd be better, but theres no way after having a c-section i want to try a VBAC. The first time around with labor was bad enough. Im just nervous about the healing mostly. thanks for the input ladies.=)
    lyz826

Answer by lyz826 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2010