How soon can I try after a miscarriage?

I was 2-3wks when I miscarried and I really would like to try again soon. It's almost been two weeks since the miscarriage and I'm no longer bleeding or having any cramps. Is it true that you are the most fertile right after a miscarriage?

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 1:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I asked my ob the same question when I miscarried and she said after I get my period.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• That would be something that your dr could answer better than anyone, I got pregnant again about 4 months after I lost my first, I was almost 5 months along when I lost her so it was a little different. I would say tho, if your dr is ok with it, then go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You can try again when you feel comfortable and your body has stopped bleeding. Most doctors (including mine after my two miscarriages) ask you to wait one cycle but that is mostly so they have an accurate date to measure your new pregnancy from. I have heard you are very fertile after a miscarriage also but don't know if that is true or not! Good luck to you and I am sorry for your loss.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Thank you all for your answers, I really appreciate them :)
    mire621

Answer by mire621 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You are very very fertile after miscarriage. That is TRUE. I had a miscarriage and got pregnant again right away! I am now 5 weeks along and praying for a healthy pregnancy. When you have an EARLY loss like that (same with mine) they tell you to wait one cycle just so they can figure out your dates more accurately.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 1:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• you are VERy fertile after a miscarriage. I got pregnant with my son the night after the bleeding stopped.... It's not wise to get pregnant that fast though
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2010