Those who DO circ your boys, do you ever think about circ'ing your girls?

=) Probably not. Why would you want to put your daughter through such hell?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 1:32 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Why do you keep harping about it? Didn't you get your fill of crabbing about circumcision in the other post?

Also it is my understanding that female circumcision has to do with removing the clitoris, how is that comparable to removing the foreskin?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Female circumcision is the removal of the clitoris, its purpose is to prevent sexual pleasure and keep a wife faithful.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It's the same thing! Circumcision of boys was meant to take away the sensation so that they wouldn't enjoy masterbating. (same idea as with girls). They found out that most c-boys also had less UTI's but that's cuz they weren't cleaning themselves properly. Now a dr will tell you that there is NO medical reason to c-boys, only cultural.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Also it is my understanding that female circumcision has to do with removing the clitoris, how is that comparable to removing the foreskin?

THEY'RE BOTH F-ING FORESKIN! THAT'S THE MOST SENSATIVE AREA ON THE HUMAN BODY. YOU'RE NOT JUST CUTTING THEIR FREAKING FINGER YOU'RE CUTTING INTO A DAMN NERVE!!!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:40 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Wow, I hate to think of how sensitive my hubby'd be if he weren't circ'd. Sex would last about 3 seconds.

I did not circ my boys to reduce their sexual enjoyment, there are other purposes to it and reasons for it. Circ'ing a girl is only about removing sexual pleasure. I mean I didn't also have the Dr close up their urethras at the same time, but that's what happens with many female circ's, the labia are sewn mostly shut with just a small hole for urine and menstrual blood. It's ridiculous to compare the two.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• The difference is that female circumcision removes all pleasure from sex. Since most women can only reach orgasm from clitoral stimulation it is a much crueler practice.
    My dh is circ'd and it in no way impairs his sexual function. Guess what! He is happy that he was circumcised as a baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i have all daughters and will not do that to them!! and when i have a son i will!!! theres such thing as an infestion they get and then you have to teach them how to clean it and boys are lazy as hell!!! i couldnt imagine my so without it!! and wouldnt want it any other way! your poor son if you have one
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 1:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• That's why it didn't work! The church started circumcision with that idea but it obviously didn't work. However it's still big cuz people believe it's the best way to avoid your young boys from getting UTI's.

Baby's don't get anesthesia when it's done and neither do girls.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• and ill add my hubby is very happy he was circumsised as a baby and he no doubt wants us to have our son done to!! he wanted me to add that in
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 1:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My husband isn't and he has never had an infection in his life, and he was not always the cleanest person. There is no real reason to do it other than the fact that others do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jan. 5, 2010