Religious advice needed please=)

well, im a christian and have a 2.5 year old daughter and a 4 month old daughter and i was going to church up until i had my second baby and now i just can imagine going all by myself cause my 2yr old wont go in the nursery and my 4month old nurses and is a complete mamas girl. I feel like when i sit in the parent/child room i cant even focus on anything but screaming kids so why bother. I know thats a bad attitude though. Also, i have been reading a daily devotion and lately i just havent felt so in to in and i feel bad doind it with out the right heart. So, im praying to God to help me change my attiude and i just feel so guilty for not wanting to be in the word as much and go to church. I feel like God is giving up on me and maybe i wasnt meant for this. I know this isnt true i just feel so depressed about it!! Any advice, suggestions ect... would be lovely=)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• God will never give up on you. He is with you all the time. You don't have to be in a structured religion to pray and talk to God. He knows what your dealing with.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:40 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Jesus promised He will never leave us nor forsake us. I know how hard it is with young children. I raised 5 and at one point in time had a 5 yr. old, a 3 year old, a1 yr. old and one just born; so I empathize with you towards the screaming kids attitude. Children are wonderous gifts from God although along with these precious gifts comes a lot of lessons learned. You said you were reading devotionals but slacked off... may I suggest reading aloud to your babies. Kids love to hear the sound of their parents voices, it's comforting, and reading aloud is a good way to share some time. There are a lot of good christian children's books and devotionals and you can even read your devotional to them. This will teach your children about our loving Father and Savior and strengthen your faith as well. Good luck to you and may God bless.
    gammyp

Answer by gammyp at 2:26 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I feel like God is giving up on me and maybe i wasnt meant for this.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sounds like the opposite to me. Maybe because it's tough and inconvenient YOU want to pull away from God and feel guilty about it (which is good isn't it). Try and rethink why you bothered ever looking for God and trying for a relationship with Him at all. Pray your hiney off to him and be frank with him! And read the Bible. Matthew Chapter 6 is perfect for times like this.

Love ya! (but never nearly as much as He does :)
    JWMomElizabeth

Answer by JWMomElizabeth at 4:11 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You have a lot going on so its difficult, thats understandable. Don't feel guilty, but continue to pray and make an effort to go to church even though its hard.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I don't know about churches, buy many synagogues have family services, where babies nurse and sometimes kids run around.
    Try to find a church that offers this option.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I can relate....I remember the days of having a clinging toddler and a newborn. Now I have a clinging toddler and a Kindergardener. Those times are so precious but don't give much alone time! I know this...Pray & the Lord will provide your needs or He will put people in your path that will help.
    I'd try to get your oldest comfortable in her class. Show her the toddlers room once without her staying then next time stay a few minutes in the toddlers class with her to try to get her comfortable there. Prepare her for it all week saying that she is going to her big girl class to play at church. Tell her all week that she will stay there and that you will come pick her up after she plays and colors and listens to a story. I know it's hard for us moms to see them cry but they do adjust. I taught toddlers class for many years and after the tears.....they play, for some it takes longer than others but they eventually play.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Maybe your hubby could watch them some Sunday mornings so you can go to church.

or

Watch or listen to church services online on Sunday mornings until your little ones get a bit bigger. Have church right there at home.
    My pastor puts his sermons on our church's website-- http://www.vlcconline.com
    I also like Time Square Church's Pastor-- Carter Conlon
    Conlon's sermon titled "Chopping Wood for Father" is truly an eye opener

Just don't give up. Continue to read and pray and do the best you can with what you have. It will all work out!
    Hugs,
    Casey
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• As I was reading your question, I felt God give me a verse for you. "He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms, holding them close to his heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young." Isaiah 40:11. God is your Shepherd. He is the Good Shepherd. He knows you and He loves you so much. He will NEVER give up on you; your name is written on the palm of His hand.

It is natural to go through what you are going through when you are not in church and not around people who are passionate about God. I would suggest watching Bible studies online (many churches have this), when the girls are napping. Listening to worship music. And joining a group maybe here for Christian mommies where you can be encouraged by women who love the LORD. When we don't "sow" to the Spririt and abide in Him, our flesh grows and that is why you feel this way. Pursue God and you will find Him.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Also, maybe talk to your older dd about setting a date when she will go into her class, so that maybe by the time she is three she will go in. Sunday school is good for her too. She will make friends, sing great songs, do Jesus crafts, etc. She might be scared at first, but she WILL grow to love it. My 2 1/2 year old LOVES church. She calls it "my school." And when your older one loves her class it will be easy for you to put your younger one in when you are ready.

I am saying a prayer for you today.

*hug*

Remember, this is only a season; it will get better. But you can still "abide" in Him.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• When we don't "sow" to the Spririt and abide in Him, our flesh grows and that is why you feel this way.

This comment CinMom made is absolutely true. I agree that you just need to abide in Him... John 14 or 15 talks about abiding in the vine. Good passages there. He is with us always when we abide in His love!

I remember those days and my husband would watch them a lot. That was when he was still following the Lord. When he stopped reading the word, abiding in His love and going to church is when he turned away. It is vital to stay in the word, stay in contact with other believers to keep you from going off the path He has you walking on. Yes this is only a season and it will get better! They do grow up! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2010