breastfeeding mothers need advice: My baby is 7 months old and I have been told to stop at 9 months getting her milk from my breast, then what do I do??

I am curious because I like giving her milk straight from the breast because it is how or should I say its the special time me and my baby share together, so I was wondering??? Please and Thank you!!

Leilany1019

Asked by Leilany1019 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • who told you to stop at 9mths, i thought it was suggested that at one year old you can give them cow's milk. I breastfed my son until he was 14mths old. He now drinks cows milk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Who told you to quit breastfeeding at 9 months? I nursed two of mine to a year and the youngest until he was 15 months. You should quit breastfeeding when you and the baby are ready, not when someone else pressures you to. There are many women who breastfeed to two years and some beyond that. The WHO (world health organization) recommends breastfeeding to two years.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:42 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• They didnt tell me to stop sorry about that they told me to stop giving her straight from the breast supposely because they get hook to drink it from the breast and I was wondering then, what do I do then? Or should I just disregard?
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 1:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Definitely DISREGARD!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Nurse as long as you feel comfortable, YOUR baby, YOUR breast, YOUR decision. Don't let anyone bully you, breastfeeding is a wonderful bonding experience and no one should take it away from you.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 1:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• For how long did you all give your babies straight from the breast?
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 1:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I nursed my sons till they were 14 months from the breast and my daughter till she was 21/2. All are fine.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• disreguard!!! i think they were referring that itll be hard to bottle feed them after that your baby wont want a bottle!! and with all mine they went straight from boob to sippy cup!! so i wouldnt listen!!
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 1:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Thank you all for your responses, they really do help, Thank You !!
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 1:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• One more thing what did you do about biting I am so afraid of this?
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 1:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2010