DAUGHTERS TOOTH GREY

MY DAUGHTERS TOOTH IS TURNING GREY, A FRIEND OF MINE SAID IT LOOKS LIKE ITS ROTTING. I HATE TO SAY IT BUT I THINK MY MIL DID IT, I TOOK HER BOTTLE AWAY AROUND 1 YEAR OF AGE AND MY STUPID INLAWS WOULD GIVE IT TO HER WHEN THEY WATCHED HER, I WOULD GET SO MAD AND THEY DIDNT LISTEN..UGHH IT MAKES ME MAD. DO YOU THINK THATS WHY HER TOOTH IS LIKE THAT? OH YEAH HER TEETH GET CLEANED DAILY.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take her to the dentist. She could have any number of things wrong, but this is the first thing to do. It could be rotting, it could be flouride poisening, it could be a dead tooth, it could be a disease. I am not a dentist, but have heard of all these things happening. Take her in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I was told by dentists that a grey tooth could mean it's rotting. I, too, would take her to the dentist; the sooner the better :)
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Go to the dentist. She may have sensitive teeth.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Definitely get her to a (pediatric) dentist quickly

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Just because it's grey doesn't mean it's rotting. I would definitely take her to a pediatric dentist to be sure, but if she's taking a vitamin with iron, that could have caused it as well.

Answer by missanc at 9:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Here is a website you may find helpful.
    http://www.studiodentaire.com/en/children/grey_teeth.php
    o0laurie.love0o

Answer by o0laurie.love0o at 10:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My son had a grey tooth also and the dentist said he probably hit it on something, which he probably did do. I guess the nerves were dying so the tooth turned grey but it's starting to get back to white now. I know it looks bad now, but if it doesn't turn white again, it's a baby tooth it won't be there forever.

But take her to the dentist just to be sure...could be something worse :)
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Sorry, I didn't mean nerves dying, I meant roots.

http://cyberdentist.blogspot.com/2006/03/my-childs-tooth-is-turning-dark.html
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2010