Ever wonder? Do you have a answer?

So I found a wallet when I was at walmart last week. The guy left it in his cart... but i turned it in to customer service.. and i was so proud of myself for not even checking how much money he had lol.. but i wondered what would happen if he didn't go there looking for it.. would they send it to him or try to contact him?

Or would it have been better off with me trying to get a hold of him?

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 2:11 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You did a wonderful thing, I recently found a purse on a cart outside a store, but I returned it to the owner myself, she had 800 worth of cashiers checks and lots of prescription medicine. The experience was wonderful for her and myself!

Answer by older at 7:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• First off, congratulations on doing the right thing to get the right results in your life. Personally, I would've turned it into the police and reported that to Walmart's customer service desk. Someone did that for me and the police did call me. Let's hope that the Walmart Manager will follow up. If not, why don't you?
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 2:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• If you are in a store then it is better to turn it in in my opinion because the person will likely miss it right away. If you find it in the park or somewhere like that it is better to try to contact the person.
    A couple of months ago I was in walmart buying medication for my son, I left my purse in the bathroom. I realized when I went to purchase my items and rushed back to the bathroom. It wasn't there, but a store employee had turned it in to the customer service department. If the person had not turned it in that day, my son would have had to go with out his medication because all of my money and credit cards were in there.
    You did a nice thing turning it right in. You probably restored that guys faith in humanity. The employee that turned mine in sure did!
    Way to GO Momma!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I have a professional mistrust of pretty much EVERYONE so I would have left my name and number in case he came looking for it, but would have taken it to find him and return it myself. I found a really nice gold and diamond bracelet and Costco once and just had this feeling that if I left it there with them she'd never see it again so I left my info with them in case the owner called...and she did...then we hooked up and she picked her bracelet up.

I would hate to think that you were honest enough to turn it in just so some Walmart employee could rip the guy off...KWIM? Then again you may be safer to just leave it with them so he can't accuse you of stealing anything (in case he's some whacko). You could always drop it at a local police station...that's where I work and people do that all the time. We get their stuff back to them if we can :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I've found a wallet before, and this is what I've done and would do again. I got the name off of the ID inside, called 411 to get the number, and told them where I found it and that I was taking it to the police station. Which, is probably much safer than Walmart customer service. The police station requires matching information to ID/redeem a wallet/purse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Hey it's you again! HI! LOL...why do I feel like I'm stalking you?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:19 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Good job...its called Karma...
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 2:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• "Hey it's you again! HI! LOL...why do I feel like I'm stalking you? "

Who are you referring to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You know we just had recently a tape released on the local news about someone "stealing" a wallet. A customer left his wallet on the counter accidentally and the next lady picked up the wallet and slipped it into her purse. It was all over the news that this "thief" could strike your store next! I say, turn it into the first cashier!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I'd turn it into customer service because they will most likely go back to the last place they had it and if it isn't there then they have to do a run around looking for it.
    Several years ago we were on a late night road trip and stopped at a Wal-mart to use the bathroom and my wallet always fell out of my pocket so I put it on the toilet paper dispenser. It was like midnight and I was exhausted and it wasn't until we were almost 40 miles away that I realized I forgot it so we turned around. Luckily someone had turned it in because we were about 200 miles from home and in a hurry because my husband had to work the next day.
    Then one time my husband lost his checkbook at a restaurant in the small town we worked in. When we realized it we went back but they had sent it to the police. It took 2 days to get it back because we had to prove who he was. It was annoying.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2010