paypal is holding funds

I sold an item on eBay the funds went to my account,but paypal is holding it until the buyer leave good feedback or until I provide proof that item has been sent. I talked to customer service and received two different explainations. I have 100% good feeback so I don't understand. Have this happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• From what I understand, a lot of money exchange company such as PayPal are converting to holding funds until they are notified that the item has been received because some customers have been ripped off.
    If you received good feedback, though, then the customer should be inquired as to whether they received their item or not yet. I don't understand why a customer would leave any feedback until the transaction is 100% complete unless they wanted to get it over with.
    If PayPal has just begun this system then give them time to "break into" it. Keep calling customer service if enough time has passed that the customer should have received their item already. They need to find out why the customer did not notify them of receiving it because that would be part of their end of the contract.
    All the best.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Sorry: *companies* *withholding funds*

Just woke up.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Contact E-Bay. I think they are the parent company. I haven't had that problem. But once I ordered something. And had to add an account. Well, they took the money out of that new account, and the last one. I called, but didn't get anywhere. They could barely speak English. I was so pissed, I'm sure my face was bright red, and my veins were popping. The old bank account is used only for my hubby to use while deployed. So the funds being taken, in 2 amounts, put us in overdraft. I went and got the fees put back. But the idiot at paypal said it was my fault. That it is all customer initiated. Well, the next time I ordered something, I noticed it has a few ways to pay. A preferred way, and 2 backups. So I don't see how it was my fault. I had different accounts for each option.
    I do know that most of the time, we have already gotten what we ordered before the money is transferred from our paypal account to the seller.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2010