2 year old w/ leg pain what should i do?

My dd can never sit still. Even when sitting down watching TV she is always moving her legs. Then at least 4 nights a week she wakes up w/ leg pain. This has been happening for almost 2 years. We feed her lots of veggies and fruits. I've increased her banana intake thinking it was do to low potassium, she has at least 1 if not 2 or 3 a day. She has her 3 year check up next month. I just don't know what else I can do for her. If you have any ideas let me know. Please help

izzybear0217

Asked by izzybear0217 at 2:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Is she getting enough water? Water is the number one cure or cause for leg cramps. You need the oxygen molecules in water to rid the body of lactic acid.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• did she start walking early? like before 12 months? if so that could have a lot to do with it, seeing as the muscles didnt get enuff time to build up properly. water will help, you could also try to get her to stretch her legs as often as possible. happened to my nephew when we was around 2. he started walking at about 9.5 months, and thats what the dr told my sis to do. hes 6 now, and still gets leg cramps once in a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My dd has leg pain like that a lot and we have taken her to the Dr a lot and the general consensus is that she is having growing pains. I don't know if that's true but with my dd heat definitely helps!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• all 3 of my sisters kids used to wake up crying because their legs hurt so much, dr said it was growing pains
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 3:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I agree with the PP. My daughter still has growing pains in her legs once in awhile. On the really bad nights, I would just give her a little motrin or tylenol and it would help her.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• When was her iron last checked? My son went through this. He is anemic. He is now on iron supplements and the pain stopped.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2010