What do you consider to be too much makeup?

I 'm talking Tammy Faye face alot I mean the works with base/foundation/powder, concealer, couple coats of mascara blush that's fiery red, hooker red lipstick, plus glittery lipgloss. Dark racoon look eyeshadow....A skunk dye job(where her hair is too dark for blonde so only the top of her head got dyed Blonde)

Did I forget to mention I'm Talking about My 11 year old niece?
My sister says she is letting her explore herself.
Do you let your daughters wear make up and how old did you begin to let them wear makeup?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• My mom was an Avon fanatic and gave me the cast offs. I primped and preened myself hideously (I see that now) but had LOADS of fun. I didn't go on to wear lots of make up as a teenager though. BUT by getting made up like I did even so young some still called me a 'tart' (grown ups too) and told me I looked 'slutty'. These names HURT and created a reputation for me, into my teenage years, eventhough I was neither a tart or a slut!

I won't be encouraging my daughter to think too much of make up.
    JWMomElizabeth

Answer by JWMomElizabeth at 7:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I will let my daughter explore with make up but if she insists on looking like a clown I won't go anywhere with her until she fine tunes her make up abilities. I however am planning on taking her to a pro and having them give her a lesson, and I will also help her I am very good at make up. Its better to let them learn young then have an older teen looking like a clown. LOL
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Wow! I was not allowed to wear makeup until I was 16. No if an's or but's about it. I can not imagine an 11 year old CHILD wearing that much makeup. Mom needs to pull her head outta her butt and learn that she's a parent not a buddy to this little girl.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I agree if you're going to let them wear it at least have someone who knows what they are doing teach them how to apply it. Hopefully she outgrows this phase...maybe try taking a picture of her and casually let her see it....lol...maybe she'll realize how dumb she looks!

11 is kind of young for make up in my opinion....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• yikes!!...... i wasnt allowed til 16...but i started at 14..lol..i work at a drug store, and the other day an 11 and 12 yr old girls came in and they both bought fake eyelashes..i was shocked! im 27 and have never even tried to wear those before..lol..

my daughters only 5, so i cant really say when i will let her..because i know no matter what age i say, she will do it anyways..lol..as long as it looks natural, and not "clown like" i wont mind! sometimes she wears it now..some mornings before going to school she asks me to put some eyeshadow on her, so i do..why not!!!!!!!! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:40 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• my daughter is four years old. she is very observant "monkey see, monkey do". she will get into my makeup every change she gets. Instead of becoming furious, i pretend play that i am giving her a makeover. she loves it.!
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 5:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• ill.....thats a little much for a child. I never used that much make up in my life! Mostly because I didnt really have a good concept as to how to apply it LOL. If an adult doesnt wear make up like that, then under my roof neither shall a daughter of mine....obviously if she's not at least 16, 17.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Letting kids explore & "find" themselves is good, but there's a time & a place; letting her look like that at home or at grandma's house is one thing but going out and about in public is a bit much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2010