Is it hard to make friends here?

I am new to CM and was wondering is it hard to make friends here?

queenpoptart

Asked by queenpoptart at 3:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• sometimes....

it really just depends on how much you post and how much you are on here!

it took me awhile before i got comfotable, there is a lot of different opinions and to someone who isnt used to that its kinda scary....well it was for me..and no im not saying people with opinions are scary im just saying that when you are new sometimes i can be a little overwhelming.....

but if you need to talk or anything pm me!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 4:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It can be but the groups on here are a good place to find friends. Just remember that people on here usually speak their minds but it isn't meant offensively some of the time. Some people here are just mean, you have to sift throught the jerks to find good ones.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I've been on CM before a few times and always made friends. In fact I had too many it's why I left once! YOu can messahe anyone who says anything friendly or helpful and see if they respond and you hit it off even if only for a while. I personally foud groups difficult to make friends in as some are very quiet. If you find a Questions catergory you visit often (this one for example) you see familiar names and can start making friends that way too.

CafeMom rocks!
    JWMomElizabeth

Answer by JWMomElizabeth at 6:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I've made a few friends here, some are even close enough to get together for playdates. I found my friends in the groups section though not here in the answers section. Groups are more open & the responses you get are more thoughtful, some of the responses you get here in answers can be quite catty & sometimes just downright mean. Check out the groups, watch here for moms w/ answers/questions you like.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I wasn't really looking for friends when I joined CM - but they happened anyway. My first friend I met by getting into a huge, nasty fight with her. I mean it was dirty and it went on for a while. Then I learned that we have something in common and I had a question. I messaged her, apologized, and asked my question. Turns out our entire argument was over a misunderstanding.

My other friends happened late at night. We were all in a thread, it got goofy, and we made our own group. That group of friends is special, as in when one of them was going through a very difficult moment financially, the others helped out with money. Even from opposite ends of the country, we've all become friends outside of CM.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Welcome! Its hard to say! There are people willing, able and Ready to make Friends! But when you're just floating around nice as you please. You may get a mean comment! Someone not on your side. Against your point of view, a misunderstanding! Someone telling you - you have run on sentences! Always misspell! Instead of your post may be spell checking you and scold you on that! Who knows! Or you'll get a whole bunch of replies! It all depends! Trust your insticts! Reply on things you know and do a follow up and see what happens! I have some Wonderful, Wonderful ,wonderful freinds on here!! Including You! I hope you find what or whom you're looking for! In my life my motto is: Nice Matters!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2010