What do you make for your SO/DH's lunches?

We're newly weds and even while we were dating, I notice that he never ate lunch at work since he didn't have the time to go out and buy something.

But now I want to make him something for him to eat.
I was thinking it had to be something similar to a kid's lunch since he's always walking about and it would be hard for him to actually sit down and eat.

Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would ask him. Maybe he likes not eating lunch. My husband never does. I've never once made him a lunch in the 10 years we've been married. He doesn't normally eat breakfast either. If he's hungry he grabs a burger at McDonalds or something but usually he doesn't eat. He's always been like that. He can go all day just eating one meal and be fine. If I were to make him a lunch he either wouldn't take it or it would just sit and he would bring it home. His job is very sporadic (he's a baggage handler for a major airline). He doesn't have a set lunch time and they just grab something inbetween flights and sometimes only have a few minutes.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Since hes always up and going...try sandwiches and chips or something like that
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 4:24 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Sandwiches work well, so do soups in a thermas during the colder days.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Soups ot stews in a thermos, sandwiches, salads, fruit, chips, cheese sticks, cookies, etc Just be creative and don't forget the love note.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas that I have collected over the years. Send me a message offlist if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• When my husband makes tips (he is a delivery driver/delivery manager) he will sometimes stop and pick something up but when he knows he has a long day he will either not eat or bring a lunch. It is usually a couple sandwhiches, chips and something sweet like cookies and a couple things of something to drink.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Sandwiches are the best thing of all time! I put mature cheddar MARMALADE (yes really) and rocket or watercress in wholemeal seeded bread for my Hub and he LOVED it!
    JWMomElizabeth

Answer by JWMomElizabeth at 6:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I send a lunch with my dh every day... here are a few of what I have sent with him
    maybe you can run with a few of these ideas...

Favorite sandwiches... pb&j, fresh lunch meats, even leftover turkey and ham...
    Toss salads with stir fried chicken
    If he can reheat and doesn't mind leftovers, send leftover dinner from the night before...
    I also pack snacks in his lunch, cookies (either store bought or homemade) or chips...

I also use a lunch cooler with an ice pack and plastic ware to send it all in ... there has
    been times he did not have access to a frig, and the ice packs kept things cold...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Usually I make my hubby a Turkey or pickle loaf sandwich and also some ind. serving packs of pudding and mandarin oranges. He pretty much likes the same thing so I don't get too creative lol.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 8:30 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My hubby usually takes leftovers. I try to cook a big enough meal at dinner so that he has some to take in his lunch.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2010