As a new mom has anyone taken a bugeting class? What was it like? Is it worth it?

emilyh29

Asked by emilyh29 at 6:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I think if you have a problem with funds and spending, saving and paying your bills it can be very helpfull might give you a heads up kinda help witch is good for anyone.Go for it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• depends on how bad you are with self budgeting. I've never taking any class to budget myself. I've been living out of my parents home since I was 18, and learned budgeting then. It's really not that hard....just get a notebook for your budgeting plans and start out by dividing your month into your pay periods. So if you get paid bi-weekly...plan out your bills around those pay dates. Schedule bills, credit cards, rent, mortgage and all payments in accordance to due date and pay period, then after all the bills have been scheduled go in and add how much you want to spend on groceries for that pay period and all other things you'll need to spend money on...such as gas, eating out, ciggarettes (if you smoke), leisure and then bring up a grand total. Subtract your spending total to your income and hopefully there is money left over that you can set into savings......if not adjust the amounts of your personal spending....
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• you truely shouldnt have to pay someone to teach you how to manage money..i had to figure it out the hard way when i was 16 and had a home and a job.. i was left by my parents with a home that was paid for and i had to figure out how to feed myself and keep the power on.. if you have any question email me..id love to help make you a budget... i started going to school to be a budget analyst but i had to quit for a bit hoping to start back next term..lol
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2010