help me please!!! im 25 weeks i have heartburn so bad and for the last week ive been throwing up

ive drank a gallon of milk by my self in two days and two gallons in two weeks ive ate a bottle of tums in a week and cant sleep i slept an hour last night..what can i take thats helps or stops it?? i get it just drinking water...it makes me not even wanna eat...its makeing me throw up now and thats even worse its like throwing up straight stomache acid..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try dry toast, try sodium free cracker in milk, and if it keep us ask you OB if you can take something. I believe they have RXs that are pregnancy safe, it sounds more like acid reflux than heartburn so call the doctor and see what they say. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Consult your doctor about taking Mylanta, it did wonders for me.

Answer by older at 7:30 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Eat small meals and eat slow, sip on milk. Your belly is getting crowded and there's more pressure on your stomach making heartburn worse, probably until you deliver. Make sure you are sleeping with your head slightly elevated. Zantac may help.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:31 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Sounds like you may need to see a GI.. for reflux. I had severe reflux with both my pregnancies. You should tell your doctor how bad this is getting, and possibly taking the Zantac? It helped me! I too was going through bottles of tums like they were going out of style!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I puked every day at least once my entire pregnancy, I tried EVERYTHING & nothing worked, not even the rxs from the dr. Good luck hun but sometimes the answer is that's the way you're gonna feel for a bit.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I went through 3 different prescriptions from my dr for heartburn during my last pregnancy and nothing really helped. I'm sorry - I know how bad it feels! Eat what you can, when you can and talk to your dr, maybe one of the medications will help.

Answer by missanc at 8:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• saltines, and call your ob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• oddly a teaspoon of vinegar lowers the amount of acidity in your belly.....go figure......
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2010