Any good ideas for a 10yr old girls birthday party

She said she doesn't want a roller skating party but I would love to come up with something really good for her this year. She is an animal loving, little brother loving, great helper that I homeschool. We are really close and because her b-day is in Feb. she hasn't ever had a real cool birthday party like a pool party or something. Any ideas?? Thanks for the ideas

aimhighschool

Asked by aimhighschool at 8:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Is there an indoor pool near you? Or an indoor amusement park or indoor mini golf, or neon bowling. We have an indoor water park where I live maybe you have something like that near you. What about ice-skating? Hope that helps.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• get her girlfriends together & do a "pretty" party, nails, hair, makeup-like light lip gloss not the full "I'm way too young to be wearing this much makeup". Do it in the afternoon or late evening & make it a sleep over w/ pizza & movies. Make sure you have something for little bro to do too so he doesn't get too bored.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My dd wanted a "Top model" birthday party last year. We were not able to do it but I thought it was a really cute idea.
    She wanted to do the make-up,dressing up and hair,nails and have a runway and have someone take pictures.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My 10 yr old daughter loves Harry Potter, and reads allot so I'm not sure if yours does or not.She is getting a knew room and has specifically asked for colors and simillarities to Harry Potter books and movies. So I don't know if that gives you any ideas, she also loves playing WII thats fn for everyone, and could be a party favorite if you have the right handles and foot action stuff.She did ask to have a slmber party for her 11th b-day party I actually think thats the best thing I've written on here, good luck, it'll be fun I'm sure whatever you pick, maybe you can ask her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My daughter's girlfriend just recently had a birthday. (Turned 11) Her mother rented a room at the Holiday Inn. They had pizza delivered, swam in the indoor heated pool and spent the night. They had a blast.
    viking95

Answer by viking95 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Adding to viking95' s idea. My daughter had a Hawaiian party and stayed at a hotel with a pool, but it was also close to a mall. My mom and I took the girls to the mall for a scavenger hunt! It was a blast! My mom took one group of girls and I the other. Gave them a list which I found on the internet of items that could be found at the mall. Some items were easy to find on their own and some they had to ask mall employees for. They had one hour to look and meet back at a certain location. Each item found was worth 5 points. The team with the most points was the winner. There were rules about behavior in the mall, if they were to loud or rude to employee's /customers, they could loose points. Back at the hotel, their treat bags were small cosmetic bags full of nail polish, lip gloss, etc. We made fruit smoothies and had a fruit tray, pizza, movies, and games. We also did a craft. The girls decorated flip/flops. Fun!
    lovetoteach1988

Answer by lovetoteach1988 at 4:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Since you mentioned a pool party, I agree with the other posts that going to a hotel would be a lot of fun. In my area, the local YMCA has an indoor pool. They offer birthday packages where you can rent the pool, recreational room, and/or gym, and the use of a room to have a party. You just have to have a certain number of chaperones for the pool. If you have a YMCA close by, you might want to check it out. For our's, you don't have to be a member to have a party there. We also have three different hotels within a one hour drive from our town that have indoor water parks. If you have one, you could either have a party there or just have her pick a friend or two to spend a night in the hotel & enjoy the water park.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2010