What are some things you wish you'd known about pregnancy?

I'm one of those who had a HORRIBLE pregnancy. While I was going thru it I felt like nobody had warned me about some of the unpleasentness of pregnancy & had only heard about the good stuff. So what are some of the things you wish you had known or been told about pregnancy? I wish someone would've told me it is possible to puke the entire 9 months. Please answer if you had a good or bad pregnancy.

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 8:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first pregnancy was so horrible, I have blanked much of it out. I remember sleeping on the bathroom floor for 6 months so I would be close enough to the toilet to puke IN it--every half hour for 9 months. I remember weighing 87 pounds the morning after I delivered my daughter 6 weeks late because the stupid doctor kept stalling till I began to lose tummy size. I remember what it is like to have hyperemesis back before they would put you in the hospital to rehydrate you and you had to "tough it out" wondering if you were going to die. I remember taking a Benedectine pill every morning, throwing it up and watching it dissolve in the toilet while you retched helplessly. I remember my doctor telling me I should "get an abortion and try again later". I remember not being able to see or hold my baby till the next day... I remember being so scared by it all that it was almost 7 years before I got pregnant again.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I had a so so pregnancy and I wish somebody would have told me that you got no relief when you peed it was just out and still felt like I had to go. I also wish they would have told me my pubic bone would pop and be painful at the end I had no clue. I just wish I had been better informed about labor I wouldn't have had to have a c section had I known better than to fall for the scare tactics.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Well, I was fortunate enough to have a pleasant pregnancies but horrible deliveries. I wish I had taken lamaze. I think the whole thing would have gone better, but I worked 12 hour shifts my entire pregancy (as a nurse) and my hours conflicted with the class.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I wish I had of known that the recovery would be almost as bad as delivery. I had a vag birth and it took me forever to get back to normal!
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 8:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I was pregnant at 43 so it pretty much all not too pleasant but I wish I had know about the carpal tunnel and the edema! I had elepahnt legs and my hands stayed numb the last the months!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 8:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• The amount of blood that will come out of you after you deliver and get up for the first time. Freaked me out.

That your bones would keep popping out of place (first preg).

That the horrible flu that I thought I had with my first one was actually the pregnancy.
    AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• with my first child it was the sickness i wish someone would have told me that it can be very bad uhuh with my 2nd it was a very good pregnacy and this pregnacy i wish someone would have told me that once you have 2 kids at home ( toddlers ) and you become preg. you well never feel like you get enough rest aslo with all my preg. i bledd for the first trimester i wish someone would have told me that is whats normal for my body i have spent alot of the first trimester with all 3 in the er
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 9:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I wish someone would have told me that if I didn't like my doctor to start with, just get rid of her! She wasn't a bad doctor, but she always rubbed me the wrong way, I still don't like her.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I agree with kitten! I really wish someone had told me that, and also that I had RIGHTS as a pregnant woman and I didnt have to bow down to her every whim. (her meaning my dr)
    Rosesandlilys

Answer by Rosesandlilys at 9:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I wish someone told me that sometimes you bleed during sex while your pregnant. During sex in my first trimester i spotted for a bit after. I was a nervous wreck thinking that something was wrong. Then i went to the dr and she said that its better for the woman to be on top and take the dominate roll. lol Seems silly but i think your extra nervous anyways when your pregnant and really wish i would've known. I rememeber crying all night.
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 5, 2010