How do i get my 10 week old baby girl to sleep in her crib?

It worked perfect the 1st night we tried last week... She was sleeping and my husband carried her into her crib and she slept 8 hrs and it was great. We have not been able to get her to sleep in there since. Now she does sleep through the night and has been now for about 4 weeks. But she sleeps in her snuggle nest (best thing ever invented) in our bed and I would like to break that habit before i go back to work next week... Please help!

joelnshari0812

Asked by joelnshari0812 at 8:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You just have to endure the tough nights for now, she will get used to it and be fine. Just swaddle her up nice and tight, get a noise machine or humidifier for white noise, and come when she cries, she needs to know that she will still have you if she needs you. It is tough but it will happen with time and patience. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:11 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Is she using a pacifier? That helped with us. I also gave mine a "heartbeat" bear that mimics the sounds of a mother's hearbeat, but a white noise machine will work as well. I had a very small blankie that I used to wear under my shirt during the day, at night I would stick it in the crib with them so they had my scent as well. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 8:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Yes she does use a pacifier and she loves the mobile and the soother which are both in her crib. The mobile has the projector and the heartbeat sound among other things and the soother has the same lullaby songs that are in the snuggle nest. As far as swaddling goes.. She loves it as long as she can have her arms out....
    joelnshari0812

Answer by joelnshari0812 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I wish I knew the answer to this one. With my other children it was easy, but my youngest is so tough!!
    He still won't sleep in his crib (he is now 14 months old). We have tried everything under the sun. I'm still hoping that something will work one of these days, even if it's just for one night. It would be nice to actually sleep with my husbanbd again!!
    klatshaw

Answer by klatshaw at 8:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Can't you just put the snuggle nest in her crib? She probably feels really secure in it and the crib is just a big, open space.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Yo have to stick to your guns if you want to sleep in your bed alone with your husband.The longer you both wait the longer and harder it will be.Honest, been there done that.My last one I put in the crib, a couple hard nights but as mom you have to do whats best for all of you.It will be fine, baby's have been learning how to sleep in a crib for years and crying too, so remember we all have a little bit to say to help but the last and final happening is all you, good luck tonight, god bless stay strong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I don't have any answers...only writing to let you know that the same thing happened with us and my son sleeps very happily in his pack n play instead. He loves to snuggle his head right up against the side, and I think the crib sides were just too hard for that. Have you thought about also posting this for the moms in the Babies group to help with?

Cafe Elizabeth

Answer by Cafe Elizabeth at 9:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• If things are working so great and you are getting good sleep why change it?

i sleep with my husband. We sleep with our baby. We get excellent sleep even if the baby wakes in the night because I can feed her right away and she goes back to sleep. And we love her smiling face in the morning.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• can you put the snuggle nest in her crib so she still feels safe and cuddeled but not in your bed. ive herd that some kids dont like cribs because there so big that smaller babies feel lost in them.
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 10:31 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I thought about putting the snuggle nest in the crib, I just wasn't sure about that... She hated the cradle from day one so that's out!! But I figured at almost 17 pounds she would be ok! She wasn't born a little baby either at 8lbs 8oz.. I will try the snuggle nest thing tonight! Thanks everyone!
    joelnshari0812

Answer by joelnshari0812 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2010