Plan First family planning insurance?

When you have Medicaid - Plan First family planning insurance do you have to go to a Planned Parenthood type place or can you find your own ob/gyn? Do doctors that accept Medicaid automatically accept Plan First?

kzoogirlie

Asked by kzoogirlie at 8:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Health

• It depends on the doctor. Plan first is a medicaid based program, which means that is is generally accepted anywhere Medicaid is accepted. You can choose your own OBGYN as long as they take Medicaid. I believe Plan First is considered straight medicaid. If you have to choose a health plan ontop of medicaid, like Mclaren, then you need to make sure that the OBGYN takes Mclaren Medicaid. I have the brochure for Plan first, but I haven't read through it. You could go to their website and see if they have any more ingormation on it. But Plan first IS medicaid, so the same general rules apply.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2010