In this really cold weather how do you dress your baby at night?

It is unusally cold here in Georgia and I am worrying about keeping my 8 month old warm enough at night. I put her in a fleece footed sleeper and use two light weight but warm blankets.

She likes to kick off the blankets and I don't want her to get cold!

What do you Moms do?

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 9:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use a footed sleeper with socks under it (the socks also help them not pull their feet up into it ) We also keep baby's room as close to 70 as possible ..at least 68, no less. sometimes her hands get cold so i put on the little hand mitts or use a sleeper with the fold over hands
    danmck1120

Answer by danmck1120 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• put a onesie under her sleeper and some socks on her and she should be fine, or you can get a wearable blanket for her.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I have a 3 month old and he just wears a light cotton footed outfit and we keep the house warm.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I put a onesie under a fleece one piece, footed sleeper. No blankets - he just kicks them off. We have the heat on anyway, so it's not that big a deal.

Answer by missanc at 9:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• If it's SUPER cold our usually warm house gets chilly. Therefore, I put a footed sleeper underneath her sleeping sack. Then if it's not super cold, but still chilly I put a onsie underneath her sleeping stack. Either way I put a blanket overtop of her just to make sure he's warm. Since our upstairs attic isn't insulated it can be drafty upstairs.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My 3 month old wears a onesie and fleece zip up sleeper. I swadle her in my jersey cotton pillowcase (so she can smell me) and a regular recieving blanket. Once she's asleep I lay a fluffy blanket on her bottom half and tuck it under her bassinett mattress so she can't kick it off.
    o0laurie.love0o

Answer by o0laurie.love0o at 10:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i would definitely put either socks or a one piece fleece suit on your LO. i did the onsie thing that other night and had an experience that i've been dreading. fleece attracts hair, in some cases, a lot of it. my dh and i woke up to him screaming. i keep his room with low light at night so i didn't notice it at first. he had 2 on his right and 3 on his left tightly wrapped with bundles of hair. took a while to get them off. i will not use one of those with something to keep the hair out. i used rolled up receiving blankets on either side of my ds and tucked him in real tight. that helped for the most part. the only time he kicked it off is when he woke up wanting to eat.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• We've always coslept and even if it was REALLY cold (we lived in the interior of Alaska for the first 8 months of my son's life, so it got to be 50 below 0 at times) we would just have him sleep in a onsie and maybe pants. He would snuggle up with us, so I wouldn't worry about him not being warm enough. (It was always toasty in our room, too)

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2010