How old was your baby when you stopped feeding him in the night?

My son will be one this week. He goes to sleep about 8 and gets at like 7ish. He wakes up at least one time during the night to eat. I just wondered how long i will have to do it. I'm not complaining cause his sleeping was pretty rough for like 10 months so waking up once is fine. Just curious.

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have 4 kids and they were all sleeping from at least 11pm-7am by 2 months, not feeding in the middle.

Answer by missanc at 9:40 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It varies from child to child. Try giving him cereal before bed and see if that helps.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My son started sleeping through the night, without night time feedings at four months. When he would start getting a tooth coming in or was having a growth spert he'd get up once a night. But for the most part he's still sleeping through the night. Except lately. I don't know what his deal is, but he's been waking up once or twice at night. He's over a year now.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My boys were ff and they woke up usually around 4 or 5 am for a bottle until I got rid of the bottle at a year. My 4 month old goes to sleep around 10pm and sleeps until 8am, which really confuses me because she is bf so I thought she would wake up more. Goes to show that every kid does their own thing in their own time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• He was about 3 months sleeping throught the night with no cereal or anything like that, natural sleeper but gets up around 6:30 goes to bed at 8-9:30 he is 6 1/2 months now.
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 9:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I honestly don't remember. I think it was around 3-4 months, though.

Just remember that all babies are different and this gives you additional bonding time.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 10:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Mine was about three months when he stopped waking up to feed. But, he was also scheduled(working off his schedule) and I had him taking around 6oz every four hours like clockwork. He took a nap at the same time everyday, for the same length of time. He went to bed at the same time...etc. So he was used to sleeping through the night I guess. Because, I used nighttime feedings as feeding only, no talking, no playing..completely quiet. He was fed and put right back in bed. He understood that night meant sleep and day was for play and mommy time. Try that method and see if it helps....it's worth a try.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My son was about 6 weeks old when he stoped eating at night, daughter about the same age
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:29 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My kids were all sleeping through the night by 6 months (at the latest). My younger 2 were even earlier at 5 weeks and 3 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My daughter finally night weaned at around 18 months.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 12:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2010