is it ok or not!?

my sister had her baby boy on the 29th of last month. by c section. and its been a wk and 1 day today...but for like the past 2-3 days the incision has been leaking. like really bad, and its looks kinda like a light pinkish with a tint of yellow fluid. shes a bigger girl. and the cut is not able to get alot of air out time. we clean it as directed and all that...but im just not sure if its supposed to b leaking, i mean theres like a whole between the staples in the incision. taht is leakin...just need some advice thanx

liltexchick

Asked by liltexchick at 9:42 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would call her doctor and let him know what is going on. If they blow her off, I'd take her to an urgent care center and have them look at it.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• She needs to call the doctor. All 3 of my kids were c section and leakage is not normal. You can get an infection which can cause the incision to rupture. Please call the doctor before it gets worse.
    afisk

Answer by afisk at 9:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I would have it looked at too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Leakage is not normal. Once she gets it fixed, she may need to spend 20 minutes 2 or 3 times a day under a light with her incision exposed to both heat and air so it can dry out and heal properly. You said she was a big girl and sweat does not exactly aid in healling. Probably why she is having the problem. Yellow says infection to me. Get the infection taken care of then keep it dry. Cotton can help too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2010