Any ideas?

The school my daughter attends is going to host an aution. We do this every year and each time every class needs to come up with a "class item" to be auctioned off. I was just asking if anyone can give me ideas. My daughter is in the 1st grade. Thanks for your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Actually, it is consdered more of a "class project". Thanks again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• If there are any local farms willing to donate a hog or cow that would be a good thing to have in an auction. We did that one year and the parent that won it loved it! You could also do a spa treatment, sport event tickets. If I think of more I will post it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It is something that needs to be made by the class. Your ideas are good,though.

-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I would do a basket, have each kid bring in one item-if you have 24 students then you have 24 items.

Could be a cleaning basket=sponges, soaps, lysol wipes-all tucked in a laundry basket.

Could be a kitchen Basket-tin foil, saran wrap, baggies, detergent, kitchen cleaners, towels, mittens.

Could be a bathroom basket-with soaps, wash clothes, candles, lotions.

What ever is big for the moms/dads in your area....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Make a throw, have each kid bring in a material, from something special to them, and older shirt, older jeans and each kid gets a chance to sew there piece on the throw. The teahcer adds a liner. Walaaa....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• KFree907...Thank You! I love your ideas!!!

-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• a chocolate basket.

one year the kids put their hand prints/names on a pre-fab toy chest and book case from Michaels.

Make a classroom quilt - each kid gets a square, sew it together. Usually a quilt shop will help with ideas if you don't quilt/sew. There is a really cute book about hand prints quilts. I made one for my baby with the older kids using their hands to make a heart.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:30 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I really lack imagination...LOVE all of these! Still open to hear more!
    Anonymous

• I have done a lot of funraisers, stores like Walmart sometimes will donate big ticket items like bicycles. All you do is get the schools tax id # and send a letter or make a phone call to your local walmart (or whatever store) and more than likely they will make a donation. Especially at the beginning of the year! Just an idea.
    67mermaid

Answer by 67mermaid at 1:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• A quilt, with each child decorating a square.
    A mosaic

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2010