Kitten that won't stop biting

What can I do to teach a kitten (10 weeks) to not bite. It's gotten really bad, at first she wasn't biting that often, but now she bites ALL the time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pets

• My kitten used to bite all the time. Between getting him neutered and playing more with him (strings, lights to chase and toy mice to chase) he eventually outgrew it. Now if he looks like he wants to bite, I hiss at him and if necessary, spray him with a water bottle.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 10:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• She's a cat, so she is harder to "train" then a puppy. Have a toy ready when you see her trying to bite. Give her the toy when she does start biting. Make it something soft and safe for cats.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Just like puppies, kittens bite when they are that age usually because they are teething. They have all kinds of kitten toys you can buy for this.
    afisk

Answer by afisk at 10:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• stop the play at once and give her a toy she can chew on
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You can use a squirt bottle with water in it. But ONLY use it when she acts out. Good luck.
    o0laurie.love0o

Answer by o0laurie.love0o at 10:26 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I would stop playing rough with her because that incourages the biting. You might even try hissing at her when she bites. I know it sounds silly but it actually does work. Another thing you might try is spraying your hands with bitter apple when you know she is most likely to do this and set her up.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• she is 10 weeks old all they do is play at this age and they are teething, make sure you are using toys. Kittens dont do it to be mean they are just doing what comes naturally, my kittens who are now 6 months old had a hair fetish lol they would come up and bite your hair, they are just playing its how they are taught to defend themselves. we would use old socks and strings also they love to grab those types of things and your skin doesnt pay the price.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2010