favorite bible verse..for humor? (anyone)

it just hit me this morning, as i was letting annie-the-dog out and i saw her dragging around a bird/mole/something that she'd whacked yesterday..we used to have fun searching for scripture that: a) contained the word 'ass', b) had a funny name, or c) was graphic or gross. my mom had/has an especially weak tummy for gross things, and i would always recite, ''as a dog returns to his VOMIT..." (proverbs 26:11). LOLOLOL!!! oh, we were awful little kids!!
anyone else find..odd humor in scripture? (not a forum for bashing, ladies..i'm just being a dork today!)

thehairnazi

Asked by thehairnazi at 10:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My friend had constipation and she was telling me she ate all these things to get things to start moving and could sense any minute it was...well you know...my reply to her was Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not. :-D
    eminelson

Answer by eminelson at 12:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• That's stupid and disrespectful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I can't think of anything right now...but I know what you mean you kids were just in it for fun.
    The verses in the bible do have some weird words and as you read it doesn't make sense unless you get someone who can translate very well.

Oh and you can be dorky all you want it is what makes us happy...If only the world would be this way it would be a better place.
    I love to be silly too.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• There are scriptures that sound funny or awkwardly phrased but I'd not like to quote any for the fun of it. It could be seen as showing lack of respect for God's Word and then maybe too for God Himself.

PrivateWitness
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Proverbs 29:20 (New Living Translation)
    There is more hope for a fool than for someone who speaks without thinking.
    Proverbs 21:19 (New Living Translation)
    It is better to live alone in the desert than with a crabby, complaining wife.
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• ewww hairnaizi a dog returns to his vomit LOL yuck

there was a joke that the bible began with baseball---you know "in the big inning.." (In the beginning)
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 10:41 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• YES!!! I know one that always makes me laugh!!! Especially since when you are going through Genesis with children and you have to try and figure out how to change it!!! Ha ha.

"But Onan knew that the heir would not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in to his brother's wife, that he emitted on the ground, lest he should give an heir to his brother." Genesis 38:9.

Anyways . . . it is not disrespectful to the Bible; it is a tribute. The Bible tells it like it is!!! It just makes me giggle.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:30 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Umm I do not find these to be funny at all. Sorry but I never really treated the bible like that. That is just me and my own heart and my own relationship with beloved Jesus. Not being religious... just being honoring to Him.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• As a kid....totally. I remember telling my mom that I could say "ass" because it was in the bible.

I like it when Jesus calls his mother "woman." I know it was a respectful term back then but if he used it today on her, SHE WOULD PAINT HIS BACK PORCH RED.

One time, I was fipping thru the bible, I was pregnant with my third, and I came accross a scripture that said...."Woa to the pregnant woman in the last days....." or something. LOL It freaked me out a little but its funny now.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Emi you crack me up!
    ciejsgirl

Answer by ciejsgirl at 1:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2010