My son is 11 months, he will be 1 years old on the 23rd so

I was wondering when can I start mixing in his milk with his formula?

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mixing in milk*
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Babies can drink whole milk at 6 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I would ask his pedi. Things change so much but my daughter is 2 and with all 3 of my kids i just did a complete switch over on their 1st birthday.
    afisk

Answer by afisk at 10:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Id start the transition soon. That way on their 1st bday they are of formula. Thats how I did it. (for one wek it was 4oz formula, 2oz milk. Next week half and half, so on and so on.
    Gypsy-Eyed-Mom

Answer by Gypsy-Eyed-Mom at 10:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't mix it. I did that with my one son and when I got to half and half he refused his bottle (at 11 1/2 months) and would not take it again. He also did not like milk and would not drink it until he was 22 months. With my other son I just put milk in a sippy cup starting around 11 months. It was always treated as just another drink. That way when formula was done at a year so was the bottle. He was used to getting milk in a cup.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• anon #1 do you ever think about how your ignorant comments will affect people? A new mom could read that and put her baby on whole milk at 6 months. Just beacuse it doesn't make them sick doesn't mean tht they should have it at that age. Breastmilk (or in this case formula) is the only kind of milk baby should get until a year - because plain cow's milk does NOT have what a baby needs to thrive.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• To answer the OP question, with my boys I just mixed it a few times and it wasn't necessary; they took the milk just fine but i agree that you should be putting it in a sippy.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• dont mix it wit fromula that can put on alot of weigh really fast just give it in place of formula in the middle of the day the good moring and good night babas will be the hardest to change.
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 10:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• anon what are you talking about....you can't give a 6 month old whole milk!! What planet are you from? Think about things before you say them. Obviously theres a reason you posted anon. Anyway OP...when your child is 1 you can give them milk. I didn't mik it with formula...I just gave my daughter a little milk at a time, until she liked it. Good luck
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• So I guess I should not mix it? I have a 4 year old and I forgot what I did with him but he hates milk. 8 think I should just ask his pedi. Thanks
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2010