Am I over weight?

Im 5'6 and 163 lbs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I am 5 7" about the same weight, i think i need to lose about 15 lbs when i look in the mirror. as for being overweight i dont think so, might just need to lose a FEW. You can always check online websites too, just google.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Maybe a little. A good weight for you would be 135.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:09 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• depends on your fat/muscle ratio and body build.more important,how do you feel at that weight?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Your BMI is in the over weight category.

Now, you could be a pro body builder and have insane amounts of heavy muscle and walk around with your arms out to the side because your biceps are so huge.

More than 30 lbs over weight is considered obese by most doctors.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• muscle weighs more than fat....so that's something you'd have decide for yourself. You shouldn't go by weight but by waist size.....you should watch Dr. Oz....he does great at explaining these issues! I'm watching his show right now!! lol

But like I mentioned earlier muscle weighs more than fat so it could very well be that you are fine.......
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• The biggest question is how do you feel? Do you feel good and comfortable or do you feel like you should shed a few pounds?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2010