When (at what age-ish) did you start using a regular cup?

Just curious.

AMsMommy212

Asked by AMsMommy212 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• around age 2
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I think we started using them at the table with the boys around 2. They were able to have one all the time by 3-3 1/2.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 10:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My daughters 2 and she uses one.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• started at 2 by a couple months later the sippys were gone
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I dont remember when I did...lol but my boys started at 2 years old. My youngest son is 3 and is an expert now LOL. He'll take his cup and go to the fridge and get himself water......
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• around 2, but lots of messes. lol

heck they're 8, 6 and 3 and still spill.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• HAHA Anon and Lynn-- :-p
    OK thanks.. Aiden is going to be 2 in Feb and has been using a cup occasionally AT the table.. I didnt know if it was too soon, he does pretty well with it as long as he doesnt try to take it from the table LOL
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Don't really remember with my older kids. I had to keep the sippies around a long time because my 3rd child was so clumsy she spilled everything and didn't understand not to touch other people's cups. She was 4 1/2 before we could trust her with a topless cup and her older and brother was still using a sippy then (he was 5 1/2). My oldest was able to drink out of a regular cup without spilling by 3 but because of the issues with her sister didn't use one until she was almost 6.
    My youngest has been drinking from a regular cup since she was about 16 months old (without spilling). By 20 months she was off sippies in the house for the most part. By the time she turned 2 she was filling her own cup up from the fridge dispenser and a few months later we tossed the rest of the sippies since she didn't use them even in the car (drank from a regular water bottle).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My son kind of set that up for himself. He just turned two and we've been using cups without lids for a few months. We still get the occasional spill but those are usually because of a crash caused by toddler and dog. We have a water bottle for the car as well. We switched from sippy cups when DS started 'trading' his sippy cup for my glass and I realized that 1: he was doing really well and 2: I was tired of sharing with Captain Backwash.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 12:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• around 1 1/2 I introduced it. When outside, or in a bathingsuit, I'd give her water in a cup. She started using bath toys as cups and trying to drink the bath water!! Silly kid. At 2, the day care uses cups. But she made the transition without any problems. We still use sippy's for car rides and grandpa's house where the carpet is all white.
    Anonymous