Did your kids get the new nintendo DSi for Christmas??

My dd got the new DSi for Christmas. I had read that the only real difference between the DSlite and DSi was the internet connection~This thing is driving me nuts and I am about to take it from her!
The camera,the voice distortion deal are so irritating! Am I alone on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter wants to sell her ds, and get a dsi, with her money, I didn't get her one for xmas, she did get a reasonable digital camera...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• no, I have not bought my kids the DSI. My kids have the DS and when the DSI came out both boys were like "I want it!" and I said "you have a DS, if you want a DSI save up YOUR money and buy it YOURSELF cause I am not spending my hard earned money on those!" Well then my oldest went to the store and started to compare them, and said "it is not worth it. They want alot just to have a camera and stuff on it" so now he does not want one. My middle never seems to have any money (he spends if faster than he gets it) so I think it will be a while before he buys one, and buy that time the next new big thing will be out and the kids will be wanting that....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My kids all wanted one but we already have a DS (my oldest got it for her 8th birthday a year and a half ago). One DS is enough for them. All 4 kids share it and they don't need another one.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My nephews got them - they are 7 & 9
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• nope DS got handed down a DS from my DH co worker who bought all 3 of her kids DSi's. if the DSi is that annoying I hope DS never gets one lol. Sorry for your luck. My son is only 4 and is really into games. I only let him play mindless video games for an hour or so a day. other then that he plays his Leapster2. Which is just like a hand held video game system only educational.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• No...but my dd 7 wants to get a DS.................
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• No. My son is 3. But I do fear whatever will be "new" and exciting by the time hes 6ish. I'm not sure internet connectivity for 6 year olds is appropriate.
    Anonymous