my son is 11 months and having trouble with sippy cup

for the past couple months we have been trying to give him a sippy cup with meals, and he just wont take them. he will throw them and hide them and then go get his bottle. i was wondering how yall ladies got your kids to start using theirs. if i just take his bottle away completly he just wont drink. what are some tricks?

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 10:40 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try different ones until he finds one that he likes. My daughter never liked the hard plastic tips, she always took to the softer ones. Also try a straw sippy too. My daughter mainly uses those ones now. Good luck.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You can also try a regular cup without a lid.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Try one with a straw
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• give him a choice of water in his bottle or milk/formula/juice in his sippy (whichever you are currently using) I personally think if you give it a couple of days without his bottle he would give in and use the sippy, but sounds like you aren't willing to try that?

Answer by missanc at 11:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• um yes we went two day without it and he wouldnt drink anything from the sippy not even formula,
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 11:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• my friends daughter would not drink formula out of her sippy cups but would any other liquid, but I let her use my son's sippy cup with milk and she drank out of it and is switched over now to sippy cup. Just have to find the right kind of sippy cup that you lo likes. We use the cheap plastic ones from walmart. They are not exactly spill proof but my son loves them and so does my friends daughter. (My son is just turned 1 and her daughter will be one this saturday) Don't give up, keep trying :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2010