1st child - new to this lol - do you "neeeed" someone to help you when baby first comes home? for how long? live with you? my dh will be home for the 1st week....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No you dont need someone there.
    southerncharm86

Answer by southerncharm86 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My mom would come over everyday for the first 2 weeks and let me sleep. You dont NEED someone but if someone is wanting to than take it. No one ever lived with me.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• it is nice but definitely not neccesary. I had DH for the first week and after that I was on my own. I had a C section too so I had alot of recovery to do. I never felt like I really needed some one there and even if there was, I am such a control freak and didnt want to miss a moment that I probably wouldnt have let them do anythin anyway. LOL.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 10:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It would be nice, but you don't need it, especially if DH is there. That was our situation with our 1st baby (and 2nd), but I was a bit jealous of those who had moms (or whoever) who came to stay....that way there's someone to do the laundry and cleaning and cooking while you just focus on the baby and getting some much needed rest. But again, we survived it, and now that my kids are almost 5 and 3, I miss those first weeks =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My mother in law came, and honestly I couldn't wait for her to leave and just let me be alone with the baby. It is nice if someone can help with laundry and cleaning for a week or 2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I did better when I was alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Personal I do better when I am alone. Everyone thought they needed to tell me how to do things. I found that it is better to do things the way that worked for me.

My SIL made her mother think she could not do it and needed her help. They could not get rid of her for two months. Her mother to this day . Still tells her how to do things and threw the well you could not do it with you first so I feel you still need my help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Some will tell you that you don't need help but if someone is willing to come, in your case your DH will be there, get him to help as much as possible. What you don't need is to be running yourself ragged first thing after being released from the hospital. If you overexert you can cause yourself a lot of problems and end up back in the hospital. Some women don't get lucky enough to have someone come and help. No one has to move in but for those whose DH can't take time off, just having a relative come and watch the baby while you sleep or help with laundry is wonderful. My mom came after each of my kids were born, only for a few days but she was so much help.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I was fine alone with my both my girls, like you I had DH for the first week. The 1st few weeks are so special, I prefered to be alone with my baby.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 10:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• No you dont need to have someone live with you. But if someone offers to help TAKE IT! you will need sleep and a break for you from time to time.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2010