i have hypothroidism

i have a hard time with forgetting things..some things that i forget is really embarresing..my kids just look at me kinda strange sometimes..does anyone else have this problem like me..im wondering maybe if something else is going on...

sharonslove

Asked by sharonslove at 10:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Health

• Maybe your thyroid med needs to be increased? Have you had your levels checked recently?

Other things that can screw with your memory are stress (this a BIG one!), lack of sufficient quality sleep (yes, you may be sleeping, but are you sleeping well?), poor diet, lack of exercise, and more.

If you don't think it is any of these things, maybe you just need to start writing stuff down? As we get older, our brains tend to get crowded, so stuff that was once "right there" may not be so easy to find anymore.

Or, if you've already taken steps to address these things, but still feel there is a serious problem, maybe it is time for a trip to your doctor to discuss it?

Hope you feel better soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I had the same problem, and when I would speak the words would not be the right words!
    It is normal so says my Dr.s...
    Jin267

Answer by Jin267 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• thank u for your replys..i am under a lot of stress an that probably does have a lot to do with it...an i do the same thing,sometimes when i talk the words arent what im trying to say an i say something else or i dont make since at all...it just scares me a little bit,my mom died 3 yrs ago with alzheimers an thats all i can think about is "do i have that to"...thanks to everyone...
    sharonslove

Answer by sharonslove at 2:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2010